Solid Radiator Bushing

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by gofaster, Apr 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. gofaster

gofaster New Member

Hello Everyone, and thank you for all the really good information on the second generation Camaro!
    I have been restoring my 1981 Z-28 Camaro for a few years now, and have used the website as my go to for information.
    However, I am confused on the Proforged solid radiator bushings.
    My radiator support goes on top of the subframe, and my subframe has a square hole in the top.
    The Proforged aluminum bushings are interlocking and round. Am I missing something in the vague directions about putting a round bushing in a square hole? Do you have to cut a circle in the top of the subframe? I have been searching the forums, but haven't found anyone addressing this issue.
    Thank you.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

You don’t need to alter the holes, just install them. Interlocking is the two bushing halves coming together in the radiator support, not the subframe. The radiator support has round holes for the bushings. The lower bushing sits on top of the frame/under the core support while the top half is on top of the core support, the hole in the subframe is only for the bolt and nut.

gofaster likes this.
  3. gofaster

gofaster New Member

So just the flat washer and lock nut are in the subframe then? Thanks

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The flat washer and nut are in the sub-frame. The lower bushing sits on top of the subframe then the core support then the top bushing washer and bolt.

gofaster likes this.