Some guy really pissed me off...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by sandiego74, Aug 15, 2014.

1. 3504SPD

3504SPD Veteran Member

I like pets and have many, but I don't like that people take them everywhere with them.

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Snakes are something that is an important part of the ecosystem. As long as I know they are there, I'm not really afraid of them. The same with spiders. I don't like being surpised by them as the primal lizard brain kicks in then. There's a garden snake that's been by the garage for years. It's bigger now than when I first saw it. I also rarely have mice, as it eats them.

Snakes in public are like pit bull dogs. Irresponsible owners are more of a problem than the animal. I've met a bunch of pit bulls there were sweet, well mannered and even tempered animals. It's people who shouldn't be allowed to have a Yorkie who want the biggest, meanest dog or puppy mill owners who inbreed the animals that make the dogs mean.

3. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Not a good comparison at all. Camaros are like having a Beagle instead of a poodle. Having a snake is more like riding a walrus instead of driving in a car.:screwup:

4. scot1074

scot1074 Veteran Member

I personally like snakes. Always had ball pythons, although a few years ago I decided that I wanted furry friends instead. My point being; if you brought your snake out in public then YOU were looking for attention and since someone gave you the attention that you didn't want you got a little prissy. Well not everyone is as reserved as you'd like. I comepletly understand about taking the pet outside for some much needed and free sunlight. Like your origanal excuse for bringing the snake out. There is no sun in a store. So again you are the one that brought that man to say something. I used to take my snakes to my back yard and let them roam for an hour or so every couple days. In the winter they would be in my living room by the sliding glass doors, which faced west to get the sun light. Sorry to tell you like it is but I really think you were wrong and the reason for your own irritation. If you had a 8 week old puppy you probably wouldn't of got that response. That guy obviously didn't like snakes. His response to you was saying, keep that f'in thing away from me.

5. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

Talk about bad comparisons, never seen a boa as dangerous as a bad tempered pitbull.

6. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

This is my thought. Public parks or the like are one thing, but lets keep the pets out of places they're not intended to be.

7. 71flh

71flh Veteran Member

Let's get this straight--you took the snake out in public and loved the attention until someone called you out for being an attention whore, and now your feelings are hurt?

Now you post wanting more attention...

8. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

+1

9. kimosabi

kimosabi Veteran Member

Snakes in public will get comments one way or the other. I like snakes but too cold for them up here lol.

As for middle aged men, I have the impression they are the biggest sissies. I used to have a big male Rottweiler, guess which people acted all tough or steered way clear when I walked him.

Old ladies loved him though. :)

10. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

You might find people more accepting of your snake if it's dressed a little more appropriately for public display.

Dogs need leashes in public... Snakes should have hats. ;)

[​IMG]

If it's female... A colorful hat.

[​IMG]