Sourcing Parts

Jun 11, 2019
Edmonton, Ab
Big project has begun, looking for recommendations for sourcing body panels and other parts in Canada, I am in the west, British Columbia
The exchange on the dollar is killer and shipping is no holiday either.

I have looked at Golden Leaf and Camaro Depot in eastern Canada and Classic Industries in the USA and of course no one company seems to have everything thing with many things on back order.

Any suggestions and experience sharing would be appreciated.

The car is a 71 rs/z28 that I would like to bring back to its glory.

Thanks

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
I suggest Summit Racing. Even if they don’t have something in stock, you’ll still pay a flat shipping rate and it will come either direct from the manufacturer or when it is in stock.

bones57

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2002
B.C.
I agree that Summit is a good choice, they have free shipping to Canada on orders over $300. If you live close to a boarder crossing just use a place like Ship Happens and just cross the boarder and pick it up. Saved me hundreds in shipping and can usually get away without paying duty if the value is under$100.

Jun 11, 2019
Edmonton, Ab
I agree that Summit is a good choice, they have free shipping to Canada on orders over $300. If you live close to a boarder crossing just use a place like Ship Happens and just cross the boarder and pick it up. Saved me hundreds in shipping and can usually get away without paying duty if the value is under$100.
Thanks

Jun 11, 2019
Edmonton, Ab

bones57

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2002
B.C.
Where in BC are you located. Hot Rods and Classics in Chilliwack are a good local parts source. If they don’t have it they can get it. Prices are decent. As with everyone supply can be a problem.

Last edited:

BC_Homegrown

Sep 9, 2018
Powell River BC
I've had good luck with Gord at Muscle car city in the lower mainland.

Alot cheaper than Camaro Depot. I believe he picks the shipments up himself in Bellingham so it saves on the customs brokerage.

He seems to have access to all the major brands as long as they are available from the manufacturer.

1978 Z/28

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2017
New Brunswick
how far are you from the border. you can have parts shipped from summit to a USA mail address, cross border and pickup parts. After 48 hrs up to 800.00 duty free. I use kinek.com for USA address as I am only 90KM from boarder. Summit also ships to Canada free over 299, Summit collects tax with a small charge for brokerage. Last order was 299.25USD and was only charged 9.50 USD plus tax

Latest posts