Sourcing Parts

Jun 11, 2019
Edmonton, Ab
I've had good luck with Gord at Muscle car city in the lower mainland.

Alot cheaper than Camaro Depot. I believe he picks the shipments up himself in Bellingham so it saves on the customs brokerage.

He seems to have access to all the major brands as long as they are available from the manufacturer.
Thanks !, look at the site (kinda black and not that user friendly), they seem to have some stuff for sure. Classic Industries looks good and AMD for metal and lots more, sadly they are in the US but reputable. Will just need to eat the exchange and duty which after doing a bit of pencil work it might not be that much more then a Canadian shop.

BC_Homegrown

Sep 9, 2018
Powell River BC
yeah the website is...rudimentary lol, probably a work in progress.

I would suggest giving him a call, I was surprised how low his prices were especially for large items like sheet metal. The price for the item+duty is probably similar from classic industries, NPD, etc. It's the freight charges across the border that he seems to save on. A new quarter was around 700 CAD if I remember correctly, although that was a couple years ago.

Jun 11, 2019
Edmonton, Ab
yeah the website is...rudimentary lol, probably a work in progress.

I would suggest giving him a call, I was surprised how low his prices were especially for large items like sheet metal. The price for the item+duty is probably similar from classic industries, NPD, etc. It's the freight charges across the border that he seems to save on. A new quarter was around 700 CAD if I remember correctly, although that was a couple years ago.
Hi, thanks for that, do you have any experience with rs nose pieces ?, I think I want to move away from the urethane and see what fiberglass is like, there seems to be something called Flex Glass fiberglass and the reg fiberglass with mixed reviews on everything, hmmm

BC_Homegrown

Sep 9, 2018
Powell River BC
I ended up going with a fiberglass nose bumper from Custom works myself (http://customworksperformance.net/carbon-fiber--fiberglass-parts.html)

I don't have any experience with other manufacturers. I'm sure other guys on here would chime in if you started a thread about it.

My chrome grill surround was broken so I would have had to replace that as well as the urethane bumper, was cheaper just to go fg. I'm happy with the one from Custom works, good service + nice product. Took a little bit of sanding to fit correctly but that's normal from what I understand.

1978 Z/28

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2017
New Brunswick
I ended up going with a fiberglass nose bumper from Custom works myself (http://customworksperformance.net/carbon-fiber--fiberglass-parts.html)

I don't have any experience with other manufacturers. I'm sure other guys on here would chime in if you started a thread about it.

My chrome grill surround was broken so I would have had to replace that as well as the urethane bumper, was cheaper just to go fg. I'm happy with the one from Custom works, good service + nice product. Took a little bit of sanding to fit correctly but that's normal from what I understand.
I bought a dash from them, very good fit fast delivery

Jun 11, 2019
Edmonton, Ab
how far are you from the border. you can have parts shipped from summit to a USA mail address, cross border and pickup parts. After 48 hrs up to 800.00 duty free. I use kinek.com for USA address as I am only 90KM from boarder. Summit also ships to Canada free over 299, Summit collects tax with a small charge for brokerage. Last order was 299.25USD and was only charged 9.50 USD plus tax
Thanks, I am in Ab and about 10 hrs from the boarder so thats off the table. The car is in BC and I am in Ab, I just sent the guys $800 worth of parts from Classic, (thankfully they have 20% offer promotions) $171 duty + .37 on the dollar exchange rate, price you pay to be on this side. I have another couple G of metal coming but at least I'll dodge the 7% PST of BC because its being delivered to Ab.

1978 Z/28

Veteran Member
Jul 17, 2017
New Brunswick
Thanks, I am in Ab and about 10 hrs from the boarder so thats off the table. The car is in BC and I am in Ab, I just sent the guys $800 worth of parts from Classic, (thankfully they have 20% offer promotions) $171 duty + .37 on the dollar exchange rate, price you pay to be on this side. I have another couple G of metal coming but at least I'll dodge the 7% PST of BC because its being delivered to Ab.
I have bought parts from Classic also, Classic does not collect sales tax so you end up paying brokerage fees, fees for broker paying the taxes, then the tax. If parts are made in Canada, USA or Mexico there are no duty, parts make else where can have duty of 5 to 30%. I try to buy most parts from Summit free shipping after $299. and they collect the tax and I have never paid duty. In New Brunswick we pay 15% tax,

Latest posts