Spectra premium tank and pump combo

garyandcindy

Veteran Member
Oct 20, 2004
cumming,ga-usa
I installed a spectra tank when i did my efi conversion on my ‘76.Pump went out within 3 months.I took the pump out and matched it up with a delphi.No problems since.The tank did have baffles.Sold the the car about 2 years ago.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
I installed a spectra tank when i did my efi conversion on my ‘76.Pump went out within 3 months.I took the pump out and matched it up with a delphi.No problems since.The tank did have baffles.Sold the the car about 2 years ago.
Ok, good. Thanks for that. I figured the same. Even if the pump takes a crap, I can put whatever I want in.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
That really is too nice to hide! I did go with the Spectra, as I had no cheaper option, and at least it will get me up and running. I will keep an eye on the pump and if I need to replace it, I will put a good one in.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
This is from Holley's web site so I am sure it can be found for less, on say summits website, anyways , why did you not consider this? It just seems so much easier?
https://www.holley.com/products/fue...fit_fuel_module/returnless_style/parts/12-158
I did consider that, it looks like a good setup, but again, by the time I pay exchange and brokerage fees to get to the great white north, I'm at the same price as the spectra tank and pump. The Holley kit requires cutting the tank, and some reviews I read said it may not fit flush up in the car, which means spacing it down somehow or bashing the trunk floor, etc. The Spectra tank fits like original with all lines in original spot lining up with factory lines. It's just a better starting point for me considering my lack of time. Plus, the pro flo system wants an external reg, which I have. The Holley kit is internally regulated. It would still work, as others have done it, but I want to follow the edelbrock recipe as close as possible to eliminate potential problems.

[email protected]

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 27, 2016
NY
Well you have done the research, I see that Holley said no mods required, and that it can sit 1 1/4 above the tank, so I wondered, let us know how it goes with your setup!!

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Well you have done the research, I see that Holley said no mods required, and that it can sit 1 1/4 above the tank, so I wondered, let us know how it goes with your setup!!
Will do man! Looking forward to it. I almost go fooled by the no mods line as well, but in their video the show a big hole in the tank. I'm not against that at all, it looks well designed, but the deal breaker was the clearance. And then the regulator setup.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Also you can buy a tank that fits without cutting with a pump for the price of the holley setup.Just saying...
10-4, exactly what I'm doing. Spectra tank gets here Monday. The Holley module would actually end up being more expensive.

Latest posts