Spiteful Things We Do

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by dcozzi, Jul 9, 2020.

1. 2ndOwner78

2ndOwner78 Member

I spent my 20's in Chicago and a couple friends and I quickly learned to identity the individuals on the street that were ready to approach you with a "can I get...."(spare change, cigarette, bus transfer, etc) question. This was ALWAYS an intro they used to open up the conversation so they could tell you the whole sob story of how they needed more help. (More money) Well we came up with a simple tactic that worked like a charm. Instead of trying to not make eye contact and ignore them we did the exact opposite. Before they could speak we'd quickly hit them with a "Excuse me big guy, do you have any spare change/cigarette/bus transfer....?" It always took them by total surprise and left them speechless, not sure what to do. I guess it sort of makes me look like sort of an a-hole now looking back......

carr911, Zstar and mrfleet12 like this.
  2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I’ve been doing this to our old business/office manager that up & quit, turned out she had been embezzling from the company for 4 yrs.

carr911 and Zstar like this.
  3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

my wife tells me this is just a comedy skit & not something I should take as advice.

my stepson when he lived at home would never take the trash out. After a few times of him not doing it, he found it in his bed.
    A guy I used work with didn’t like me, after I quit, I signed him up for a gay swingers site and gave his work phone number & email. My cousin who still worked there said he was getting atleast a dozen calls a day.

Another former coworker pissed me off, he drove a Jeep & would leave it unlocked, he never found the tub of night crawlers under the seat (but always complained about the smell).

dave@ztech and Zstar like this.
  4. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

While I was driving trucks nationwide, it got to the point that I believed I had ATM stamped on the front of my hat. Out of a crowd of 25 people, panhandlers would zero in on me like a heat seeking missile. I usually spotted them and before they got a word out I would ask them for money. Worked every time.

2ndOwner78 likes this.
  5. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I drove my F150 from my plant to our main office and parked it in the lot across the street from the truck shop. Next day I am opening my tailgate and get a handful of blue grease all over my hand. AT first I thought one of my guys at the plant had done it, but it really didn't make sense since no one screws around like that at the plant. Then one of my drivers asked "where did you go Friday?" oh yeah main office. Figured it was time to teach this a-hole a little lesson; I e-mailed my boss and the shop boss telling them how my wife had gone to get bag of cat food out of my truck and ended up with a big handful of grease, her hand slipped on the handle, she broke a nail, then got grease on her nice shirt. Dude was always pulling stunts like that in the shop from what I heard, well this time he got 3 days off work, HR came down and had a little conversation with him. DON'T EFF WITH PEOPLES CARS! I thought embellishing the outcome of his little prank might make him think you never know who is going to be the victim of your game, didn't think he would get 3 unpaid days off, but hopefully he learned his lesson.

Zstar and budro6968 like this.
  6. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

I've used this one! Put the balloon behind "his" welding table the day before (he ALWAYS left before *I* did.

I keep a valve core tool in each car "just in case". You can REALLY yank somebodys chain with that one!