split bumper aka Monza

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by muscl car, Jul 1, 2014.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

He couldn't win...if so, nobody would watch next year's show.

2. Wadd2

Wadd2 Veteran Member

I'm not sure why anyone cares if it's a real street or not. I love the show! The whole point is tuning high horsepower cars to get down an unprepared surface and that isn't easy! I'm just thankful to have a car show to watch.

3. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just wish they spent more time on the technical stuff, like chassis setup, dialing in the motor, etc.
    For example when Monza was talking about NO2 cars being faster out of the hole than turbo cars, which makes sense, but the 60' times are particularly critical to him. So does that mean his chassis setup would change if he went to turbos?

It's still a favorite show of mine! :)

tim

4. Rockhound

Rockhound Veteran Member

I would think that a No2 car would be more consistent off the line than a turbo car would. You'd have to leave at the exact same boost each and every time to be consistent. On a No2 car, you leave on the 2step and have your stages or progressive controller set up to hit when the trans brake is released. It's the same each and every time.

5. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ya turbo cars you have to spool up. It is hard getting the spool up consistantly. My Speed3 shows me I need to be more consistant.

6. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

\
    I guess.

7. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Yea like Monza said, a turbo car needs to build it up, It's not off the line. He said his all about the 60'. He hopes he gets the most HP up out front so when the turbo spools up he can't catch him. Plus with all the computer crap, something isn't going to read right and it's going to pull timing or boost.

I like my srt-4 but it ain't s**t off the line. It's way better at a roll then from dead stop. It's like when I raced my old boss in it. He had a LS1 camaro. HE put on 6-7 car lenghts on me at first then I reeled him in further down the road.

I actually watch it for farm truck and azian. I could live without the call outs from other states. Farm truck is about as street as you can get.

8. dirtplay1975

dirtplay1975 Veteran Member

I agree it dont get anymore street than the farm truck, that thing has been a you tube whore for years with tons of street action, he actually made an appearance years ago one weekend at the closed drag strip here when a tom of people were out there racing, that truck became instantly well known here after that pass