Split Bumper Vega

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Z-Life, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

guy in high school had a vega wagon, instead of a v8, his had a 231 v6 which seemed to be a good compromise, good power and less weight, just made it a nice driver. jim

Z-Life and Zstar like this.
  2. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The brakes are why I was able to purchase a Vega with less than 70K on it. My neighbor sold me his Vega because he was tired of getting me to put brake pads and rotors on his car every few weeks or months. I pulled out into the highway one day behind him and saw his brake lights on for miles after he left his driveway, and miles after he left the next stop light. So I asked him one day about that and thought maybe the brake light switch was sticking. Nope, he was riding the brakes because one day he pulled out and the car stalled out and he about got run over, so from then on he revved the lil motor up against the brakes every time he came to a stop and then held the brakes until he was sure that the motor wasn't going to die. One day he had me up at his house replacing his brakes and asked me if I knew anyone who might want the car. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he told me $100. I put the tires back on it gave him a $100 and drove it over into my driveway. I put brakes and tires on it and drove it nearly 100K miles on that set of brakes. I sold it to a friend who drove it another 30K before he pulled in drunk one night and forgot to put it in park and it rolled down a hill into a tree.

Z-Life likes this.
  3. Z-Life

Z-Life Nasty Member

Wow that is a great little car, love that its just clean and not a bunch of scoops spoilers, etc. bet that lil car has lots of scat

xten and John Wright like this.
  4. xten

xten Veteran Member

This was before and after hitting the fence Don's Vega.jpg Don's Vega @ WoW.jpg

5. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

A good compromise for a V-8 Vega if you can get past the looks is a V-8 Monza. Chevrolet already did all the work for you shoehorning a sbc into it.

6. hwprouty

hwprouty Member

I had 4 Vegas, cut the bumpers to look like a RS, which was my dream car!
    Put a 350 in the last 3, and gave a friend from up north a few towns a ride down State St. He was impressed, as
    it was pretty quick!
    I blew up the automatic in the Vega and was broke so it was parked. The dude called me up and asked if I would trade my Vega for his '70 1/2 RS 350 4 speed 12 bolt Camaro. I was pissed cause my car was broke, no way he'd trade right?! Nope, he said pull your motor, I'll pull mine and we'll trade cars! He even trailered the Camaro to my house and left with the Vega!
    Within a few hours I went from no car to driving my Camaro!
    He called me like 10 years later and wanted it back! LOL nope!!

Patstuff28 likes this.
  7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

It has everything from the chin spoiler to the L88 Hood fender flares side pipes. It needs to be on a t-shirt it's so badass

8. Z-Life

Z-Life Nasty Member

Here is a Vega blast from the past, remember Jungle Jim and Jungle Pam, I dont want to date anybody but I had this funny car as a model car when I was probably 10 or 11.
    I wonder in my original post if that builder got the idea from this funny car body, pretty cool....

junglejim.jpg

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I can see the appeal....looks just like a Camaro

10. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

UMMMM Jungle Pam,now somebody needs to post up some pics of her in those mesh tops she used to wear for "old times" sake :D:D:D Later Steve!!