spoungy brakes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by newschool72, Feb 2, 2012.

1. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

Guys, it looks like i lied about the line size:shy: . I just measured it at 3/16", and checked the old line for the drum brakes at the same size.:(

2. siberbunak

siberbunak Veteran Member

good point.

3. newschool72

swallowed my pride and called the brake company. The tech had me pull the pin out of the peddle and let the pump rod relax. it dropped 1" from the position that lines up with the hole. He said to drill a hole through the peddle arm in that location. He said it will increase the leverage and should fix the sponge. Now i just need to wait till my friend gets home from work so i can borrow his angle drill ( everyone needs a friend with EVERY tool on earth!!!LOL) and we will see if it works. I will keep you all posted.

4. purpleflame

purpleflame Veteran Member

cool and no pride lost man, that's what them tech guys are for.
    keep us posted.

5. newschool72

Winna, Winna, Chicken Dinna !!!! did the relocate the rod fix and MUCH better! Only about an inch of movement before i get into some serious braking, compared to 2-2 1/2" before i moved it. Something to put in the back of your mind if you have a custom brake system. ;)