Spray glue idea s ?

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
I m wanting to buy a can of spray glue for a project. 3M makes various cans I can buy on line or Lowe’s . I ve never used a can of spray glue . Has anybody used glue like this ? My specific Question is ....do any of these aerosol glues come in a can that you can affix a small hose on the glue nozzle ( like a wd40 can has ? This would allow me to spray back inside between to surfaces that have less than 1 gap and yet the glue needs to go back 12 inches . The surfaces are extremely fragile and can ‘t handle or touch them less they break and fall into million pieces.

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
Not that I have ever noticed. You could always buy a quart of contact cement or glue. Get a cheap paint gun. Mix with some Lacquer thinner to make it spray. Warning though it comes out kind squirrrelly. This spell check is a pain!

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Not that I have ever noticed. You could always buy a quart of contact cement or glue. Get a cheap paint gun. Mix with some Lacquer thinner to make it spray. Warning though it comes out kind squirrrelly. This spell check is a pain!

I guess I need to go buy a can and see what is what . I wonder fit I could switch spray heads with a can of my chain lub or WD40 that has the type of nozzle the little spray hose extension will fit in. Maybe I could rig it up . The location is overhead , very small gap to get glue between , yet it needs to back in 6-12 inches , and worst of all I can pry open the gap any or it will break or crumble . But I have a rig or way to force the pieces together once I get glue in . It over head and extremely difficult to get glue to where I need it to be. Maybe I can exchange nozzles with something that uses the hose piece.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
You can put a red long tip on it, it will come out like a hose jet tho. I did it also in a tight spot. Worked.
Oh thanks , I was typing while you replied. I was wondering if anybody had tried switching nozzles to a hose extension type . I didn’t now if the glue can was designed to allow the removal of the spray tip .