SS L78 L34 9/16 Rear Sway Bar Bushings- Need a Head Count PLease!

TommyRS70

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2004
KY
SS L78 L34 9/16 Rear Sway Bar Bushings are NOW Avialable HERE!

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your purchases of the reproduction Z28 rear sway bar bushings. Glad they helped get your cars back on the road and show worthy. Appreciate all your feedback too.

I'm now getting closer to pulling the trigger on reproducing the SS 9/16 bushings but need to figure out a price point that will make them marketable and still cover costs. I have a short list of those who said they were interested in a set or two, but please add your name and bushing count below if you want on the list.

I estimate with the low production demand the price would have to be somewhere between $75-100 a set to come anywhere close to breaking even. Does that price sound reasonable? I know it's a lot for a "stinking rubber bushing"...but... it is what it is... If I get a good response, I would anticipate they could be ready by February. Thanks for your input. T.

Last edited:

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
The 9/16" bushings should be in bigger demand than the Z28 11/16" bushings were. The 9/16" ones were used not only on SS396, but also on any Camaro ordered with F41. Hopefully that increases your demand for them.

TommyRS70

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2004
KY
Thanks Gary, That's good to know! Well then I would expect to get a larger response than the z28 bushings and hopefully bring the price per unit down. How common do you think the F41 option was on non-SS cars?

Last edited by a moderator:

70-SS/RS-L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 19, 2003
Phila area
I’m definitely in for at least one set so I can put them on the shelf with the rest of the new Camaro Parts… One day I may even be able to install them on the car.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
TommyRS70 said:
Thanks Gary, That's good to know! Well then I would expect to get a larger response than the z28 bushings and hopefully bring the price per unit down. How common do you think the F41 option was on non-SS cars?

I didn't find production numbers for 1970 F41, but using 71 and 72 numbers, it appears that for every SS396 with the 9/16" rear bar, there would have been approximately 8x that number of other Camaros that had it, so with just under 4,000 SS396 cars built in those years, there were around 32,000 other cars with that rear swaybar. And, I believe that 73 and 74 maybe used the same 2 piece downlinks so there would be more possible cars there too.
How many of those cars still exist today is another guess.

White81Z

Veteran Member
Nov 17, 2004
NY
Set of NOS sway bar bushings. 70-74 F41.
Rick H.

stab_bush.jpg