ST10 from 3rd gen

Randy 81

Veteran Member
Oct 28, 2009
Loganville, Ga
That shifter in the picture is a bit different than I one I had. On mine the levers were longer coming off the shifter body, so the rods were going straight back and not up like those shown. The shifter I had wouldn't work lower down. Might be able to use a 2nd gen shifter with it instead, but I didn't have one to compare to it at the time.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
since it's a tranny mounted shifter...with external shift rods there is absolutely NO reason you can't mount it almost anywhere you want!!!! Yeah gotta make some stuff but ..I damn sure wouldn't have the shifter in the back seat JUST because thats where it landed.... might just be me as i realize different folks have different skill sets.

BARNFIND

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
Swap out the tail housing to an earlier one, mount the shifter on the drivers side (you can still buy the installation kit from Hurst), problem solved

CT1275

Nov 24, 2019
Does anyone know the length of the 903 tail from drivers side of midplate to end of tailshaft case? Or either side, just specify please. Overall length ot trans, mounting surface to end of tailshaft?

BARNFIND

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
Does anyone know the length of the 903 tail from drivers side of midplate to end of tailshaft case? Or either side, just specify please. Overall length ot trans, mounting surface to end of tailshaft?

If it is for a GM car they should all be the same for a ST10.

CT1275

Nov 24, 2019
If it is for a GM car they should all be the same for a ST10.
I'm comparing a 78 ST10 to an 81 ST10 Power Brute. I'm pretty sure the main case is the same but I think the tail might be a touch shorter in the Power Brute. Not sure about an 80 or 81 aluminum ST10. That also might be different than the Power Brute. I have the Power Brute, so just need a couple measurements on the 903 ST10.
Thanks.

BARNFIND

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
Super-T10-dimensions.png

CT1275

Nov 24, 2019
Yeah, I think I'm gonna need a new driveshaft. Still trying to figure out if the shifter for this one will still fit through the stock trans jump hole. Probably won't know for sure until at least the motor is in. Thanks everyone.

Latest posts