Standard or more rare???

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by poolballz, Dec 21, 2005.

1. poolballz

poolballz Veteran Member

My car has a vinyl top. Was wondering if this was standard for the year or more rare? Also, i traded my 1992 jeep wrangler for this car. Believe it or not, i found this car on ebay. The kid wanted $10,000 for it. For the heck of it, i emailed him to see if he wanted to trade. He initially wanted my jeep and $4000. I told him NO(i did'nt want to spend any money as my jeep was paid for). I sent him pics, and then he wanted at least $2000 more with the trade. Again, i told him NO. I said to let his auction run. I figured being so close to winter that he would'nt bring what he wanted. Well by chance, i was right. After the auction he called me and told me he wanted to trade plus $500. I told him ok. He drove up to my place(3 hours), and on his way up he said he definately wanted to trade. He needed a 4X4. He said it needed a rear main, and a torgue coverter. To make a long story short, I knew he was coming and he wanted to take my jeep back the same day. Well, i told him that i would let him take it if he fixed the rear main, and the coverter. He agreed, and took the jeep. The next weekend he delivered the car to me(fixed)on a trailer right to my doorstep...lol I only got to drive it once, as it was getting cold here. It runs like a raped ape, and looks even better!! I am trying to post the pics from ebay, and if they don't turn out, i at least left the auction #. Check it out, and get back to me. I think i did great!! Thanks for lookin. Again, vinyl top(rare or standard for 73). Thanks! Hopefully pics turn out! If not, the auction # in ebay is 4582246152.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK:MEWA:IT

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Vinyl roof:
    Standard--No, you had to order RPO C08 to add it to a Camaro and pay an additional $87.
    Rare--Not really. About 1 in 3 1973 Camaros got it.

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome to the board! :D
    Looks pretty good!

(Link didn't work... This one should. :)
    E-Bay 73 Camaro LT

Your question... The vinyl top was an option and I believe it was available on any Camaro model in 73.

Check this link:

73 LT package

If you are planning on reconnecting the AC at some point, I think you will have an issue with the AC compressor brackets clearing the tall valve covers.

Play around with the search features and you will find more info than you ever dreamed possible about 2nd gen. Camaros!

4. Hugger

Hugger Member

Welcome to the message board! According to my Camaro whitebook, there were 31,339 1973 Camaros ordered with a vinyl top. Looks like you got a great deal on the Jeep trade. Have fun with your '73!

5. dustypowers

dustypowers Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

welcome to the board nice trade

6. BurningLime71307

BurningLime71307 Veteran Member

Your link isnt working anymore but I have to say nicely done!

Ron

7. poolballz

poolballz Veteran Member

Thanks all for everything. I think i'm gonna stick around for awhile. I'd like to learn whatever i can. This is my 3rd camaro i've owned(2 76 camaro's when younger), but this is the oldest and nicest. Thanks Twisted for the link. If anyone wants to see my ride, click on the link Twisted has up. This thing is honestly close to show. Would'nt take much. I think i ripped this kid off.... Hurry up spring...lol Thanks again everyone, and happy holidays to you all!!!

8. BurningLime71307

BurningLime71307 Veteran Member

Oops.I guess I didnt see that link but now that I have I can tell you you got a really good deal!

9. Coolwheels74

Coolwheels74 Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the board. Very nice car. My only suggestion would be to lower it about 2-3" all around. It seems to sit really high in the front and rear. Other than that, it's beautiful.

10. poolballz

poolballz Veteran Member

Will do wheels! It has air shocks, so i will lower it. I have'nt really had time to do much at all with it at all. Drove it 2 times is all, then up for winter. Spring can't come soon enough!! Like i said before, this is all about done. Need to replace wiper motor, get speedo and tach working, like to throw some rally stripes on it(any color choices?), and throw in a killer stereo system and i'll be ready to roll! Just really got it pretty much for shows and cruise nights. I thought i did good. Was a lil leary before i saw it in person, but was more than expected! My wife frowned on getting rid of the jeep, but we already have 2 4-wheel drives anyways. Had to get a toy...lol Thanks again all for the great reception onto the board. And thanks to all for your responses(wheels, thanks for postin a pic of my ride!). I look forward to sticking around awhile! You all have a great holiday!! Thanks again!! Laterz!