Star Wars: WARNING SPOILER

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by TwinnEngines, Dec 19, 2015.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I finally saw it last night. Honestly a pretty good movie and I feel sucked in wanting to know what the heck happens next. there were a few things I didn't understand...like weren't all the storm troopers clones? Where's the odd ball guy who all of a sudden has a conscious comes into play? The old characters definitly make the movie feel like a real story line.

I like it a lot better than some recent movies I have seen like Jurassic world.

2. SoCal71RS

SoCal71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Greatest movie of the decade!!!

3. 70Camaro406

70Camaro406 Veteran Member

Saw it in IMAX last week. I thought it was awesome, and the whole family loved it. I think JJ Abrams did a fantastic job.

4. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Having waited in line for hours in 1977 for the first one, I could not miss this one. first impressions were that it was good, not great. High expectations I guess. But afterwards, thinking about it, I have many questions. And have read many theories about where this is going, I now think its a great set-up for what is to come. I didn't especially care for Kylo Ren, but he gave me a reason to hate him, which is what JJ wanted us to do. That guy is going to make Vader look like a chump. He is irresponsible, throws uncontrolled tantrums, and knows enough of the Force to be deadly. Many things go unnoticed at first, but you kind of have to read in between the lines. I did not care for the "death star planet", that was a cheap rehash of episode 4. That is my main complaint. and only having it available in 3D IMAX, I hate those glasses and the 3D thing seems so 1959. Otherwise, it was good and only 500 some odd days until Episode 8!

5. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

.....BOOM!

"Just 'cause you don't understand it, don't mean it don't make no sense and just because you don't like it, don't mean it aint any good."
    (If you are worried about the double negatives in the quote, you missed the point.)

6. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Seen it the other day and all it did was make me feel older than I thunk I was.:(
    Seriously, every time one of the original characters showed up I cringed a bit.

Loved the movie but kept waiting for a Geritol commercial for a pee break.
    Agreed on the Darth Vader comment above, this dude is unpredictable trouble but Rey is a bada$$ herself.

7. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Kudos for telling it like it was for me as well. Every time I saw an old character , ...... I had a lump in throat .....like criky .....if these people are Hollywood stars look this decrepit ......what must people think happened to me.....:eek: LOL

It was a very good movie ......I just sat there an thought too much about being older than chit ...LOL.....

8. ColdBastrd

ColdBastrd Veteran Member Gold Member

Finally saw it. Didn't have to wait in line and had decent seats. Funny how people have such opinions on it (either good or bad). Remember, its just a movie. And I'd have to say it was a pretty decent movie. The flying scenes were really good I thought especially the Falcon through the junkyard of old ships part. I liked Ren...she kicked butt. My complaint would be that the relationship between Fin and the dude he saved in the beginning seemed too forced and scripted. I just wasn't digging that guy and his scenes seemed flat. I hope they don't give him more screen time in the next one but it seems like they will and he might be the new Solo. I also am going to predict that Fin is Landos son.

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I was thinking Fin was a Jedi decent too. Seemed like a natural with that light saber...

10. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

"Just 'cause you don't understand it, don't mean it don't make no sense and just because you don't like it, don't mean it aint any good."

Suicidal Tendencies' quote.....love it!!! You can't bring me down..

I liked the movie for certain. Need to look past all of the hype to ensure you're not let down. Personally, I wasn't...but I know when to not listen to people.

To TwinnEngines the original poster on this thread.....what's the point of spoiling this for people? Not sure what gives. Guess there's one in every crowd.