Star Wars: WARNING SPOILER

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by TwinnEngines, Dec 19, 2015.

1. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Try telling that to Apple! :confused:

2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

The wife & I just got back from seeing it.
    I was ready to leave before they got in the Falcon.

It was shot too dark, the old characters seemed to be just thrown in there for continuity, the lines when they were supposed to be funny were too hoaky. I dunno, it reminded me more of Space Balls than Star Wars.

I.e. when Kylo Ren had a temper tantrum, he said to the guy in a calm voice after "is there anything else". Then when the stormtroopers came around the corner and heard him, they just turned back around. They tried making a scifi movie comedic.

Definitely wont bother with the next 2 unless they are on HBO or something.

3. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Dude, have you seen the first 3? I guess you missed the comedy bits in those. Not doggin' on your opinion. There is more to it than meets the eye, at least initially. And remember, this is just a chapter in the big story. Did you really notice that we're back to the "used universe" and not the shiny glitzy one of the last 3? Did ya' think about how worn down and tired General Organa was? There is a reason she looks just that way, shes spent the last 30 years fighting a war. And why didn't the First Order use clones? Remember obi-Wan speaking of the "clone wars"? Thats what we saw in the last 3. So the original three now make sense that stormtroopers aren't all clones. And the old characters were thrown in for continuity, duh. How else are you going to really continue the story?

4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Episodes 1 & 2 were cheeseball, Episode 3 was better than 7.
    Leia looks the way she does the same reason Han & Luke do, because they're old. Harrison Ford said the only way he'd do this one is if they killed him off.
    Kyle Ren reminded me of an Emo kid.
    There was no thought put into this one as it essentially a remake of the original.

All in all it was a garbage movie compared to 4-6, glad I went to a matinee and not paid full price. Hell the upcoming previews to other movies shows Hollywood is hurting on writing talent.

5. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Thats the the main reason I don't usually go to a theatre is the freaking 30 minutes of previews.

6. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Umm, Star Wars has ALWAYS been part comedy. Don't know how anyone could think otherwise.:confused: :screwup: :eek:

Rens tantrum was showing his split personality, he's unpredictable, that was the whole point as evidenced further when talking to his dad, then killing him.

You better just stay home for the next ones as you obviously don't get the whole concept of Star Wars.;)

7. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Agreed, but id rather remember her this way. :eek:
    [​IMG]

8. riderwestslope

riderwestslope Veteran Member

We just went as a family. I thought it was pretty badass, but I've always liked the Star Wars, particularly the original three. I saw the original in the theatre when I was a little kid, albeit my dad likes to tell the story of me hiding under the seat when Jabba the Hutt showed up. My two boys and wife thought it was pretty awesome too, but I guess we all have an opinion.