Started tearing apart today...more pics to come

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by millionpit, Apr 6, 2013.

1. millionpit

millionpit Member

Yes I think its a good project too. At first I thought all the rust would be a killer-but am sure we can work through that. I have the new front floor pans and will patch up what the pans dont cover. Got a rad support from a member, new inner fenders, picked up fenders up at Carlisle in the spring. Lots of things to keep me busy once i get going.
    Flak--my frame rails are in outstanding condition, and I read your whole thread last night--you my friend are nothing short of amazing lol. Keep up the good work.
    My assistant will motivate me the most--we have had a lot of Dr visits with him lately--but everything looks good and the drs are very happy with his health. He was born with a half a heart and has had 3 heart surgeries, not that you would know it looking at him or watching him. Was given 2 weeks to live when born and is now 11--so we are blessed in that respect. He is eager to learn and wants to do what he calls the fun stuff on the car--painting, pulling stuff off lol--and it goes a little slow when we are in the garage, but its all good time spent together. OK back to the car--picked up ball joints, control arm bushings/shafts, brake calipers tonight and will get out there tomorrow morning and see what we can knock out. Want to get the subframe cleaned and painted without taking it off--any suggestions--Im all ears. I do have the SFB's so i may just pull the whole thing off--not sure yet.
    MGS--so what if its taking a long time, thats why they call it a hobby. dont give up on it, just go out and tinker around 10-15 mins a day--before you know it you'll be right back into it.
    Golf--i know what you mean about that nasty brown stuff--i will be learning how to weld here in a very short time.

2. Eighty1Camaro

Eighty1Camaro Veteran Member

Good deal. I find this forum highly motivating. Proof is in my thread..lol You have the same work to do on your floors as I did mine, I knocked it out in about 2-3 weeks. I'd just find another core support.

3. millionpit

millionpit Member

Yes it is motivating Eightyone--I make it a point to log on everyday and see what I can read about/see to help me along. This is my first project, and I have learned a lot just reading through the posts/threads. tons of talented and knowledgeable people here. I read through your whole thread, your doing a great job. And I already got a core support-near mint, blasted and POR'd.

4. millionpit

millionpit Member

Been a while--a little more progress. Got passenger side floor patched in. First attempt with welder, think it came out OK--drivers side is next up.

[​IMG]

Subframe is out, wire wheeled and painted. Will get pics of subframe posted up later. Cleaned bottom of car from rear axle forward. Will post up more pics tonight.

5. ls1jorge

ls1jorge Member

Nice work man always great to have the small hand help who wants to learn, will also will be needing to replace the rear step of the floor pans in my camaro.

6. millionpit

millionpit Member

Just a few more pics of some parts we got done and ready to be installed. As soon as these floors are done I will get the front suspension back together and prepare to yank the rear. Might have a bead on a 3:42 rear--keeping my fingers crossed on that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mike76Rally

Mike76Rally Veteran Member

Looks great!!! If you get the 3.42, what type of engine/trans are u goin with?

8. AllensaurusRex

AllensaurusRex Veteran Member

Looks awesome, you are making alot better progress than I am, haha. Same stage you are at too.

9. millionpit

millionpit Member

350/290 hp, new edelbrock 1406, headers and 2.5" exhaust. 700r behind it.
    Havent heard back on the rear, knew it was too good to be true :mad: . Also still have to find a 45.5" drive shaft.
    Will use the 2:41 I have in there for now if i dont hear back soon--I know its good and its not that hard swapping it out down the road. Gonna pull it regardless to clean it up/paint it and do underside.

10. millionpit

millionpit Member

Thanks Allen. Its slow going--something always comes up when I try to make garage time plans...i have a few days off next week so maybe I can do some late nights out there. Have to figure out how to add progress thread to sig also.