Step Dads in here

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by GMPARTS 1, Jun 11, 2012.

your house or designated area

1. my house

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. designated area

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My kids Dad always picked them up at our house. Yes, my step kids are my kids.

Their Dad and I always got along great until my wife took him back to court for child support. He got pissed and started talking bad about my wife in front of the kids and now they never see him.

I would still let him pick them up at our house if he still saw them.

I have a daughter from a previous mariage and had custody of her since she was 2. Now, if her crazy Mom ever wanted to see her, it would have been at a designated area.

It all depends on your relationship and how much you trust the other person.

2. Paint Fumes

Paint Fumes Veteran Member

My Girlfriends kids have pretty much adopted me after three years. We don't live together but they both call me their stepdad. Their real father is a self centered, pot smoking, beer guzzler who lives to pay head games. He talks crap about their mom and so far she has exercised amazing restraint. He cries poverty when the kids need something yet buys himself plenty of toys. He picks them up at her house but doesn't get out of the car, and she does the same at his house. I have been called by them to come pick them up at his house when he has left them behind to go partying. I try to stay clear of the back and forth between the parents but it's getting tougher. They are really starting to rely on me when he lets them down, which is sometimes pretty uncomfortable, but I'm not gonna let them live like that.

3. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

LMFAO........dumbass.

Struttin like a cockatoo and got booty raped.
    I think men get screwed.

4. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Our oldest son is from Evil's first marriage. Brobe has always called me dad because I have been a father to him from the time he was five.

His natural father is an anal orafice. I laid the law down to him after putting up with his crap about not being on time to pick Brobe up for "his weekend". My rules were (and were approved by the judge): you say that you're going to pick your son up at noon, that doesn't meat 12:01. It means at the LATEST 12:00.

This came about becaues penis cranium would say he'd be at our house or another location that we agreed on at a specific time (or a half hour before) and he'd be HOURS late. Brobe would be upset and cry. NOTHING in this world makes me more angry than someone making one of my family cry!

So the next time Brobe is supposed to be picked up by his father, I tell Brobe what is going to happen: IF his dad is on time, he goes with him. IF, however, he is late, then Brobe goes with us to do what we had planned for the day. Brobe is not to worry about what his father has to say about it as I'LL take care of it.

He's late (not big suprise) and we did our thing for the day.

We get home after going out to supper and the phone rings. Penis Cranium starts in and I cut him off at the knees by explaining in no uncertain terms that I have never been nor will I ever be afraid of him and that he will NEVER break his child's heart again EVER by not following through on doing what he promises to do. Do you understand me? I get a "yes sir" and say goodbye to PC.

After that he was on time just like the rail road.

I never treated Brobe any different that JD either. Evil and I loved them both the same and I never thought anything about either of them other than they were ours (not hers and ours).

PC moved away with his new wife and never sent a birthday card, Christmas present or graduation present to Brobe. He may have been the sperm donar but NEVER a father.

5. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Mine went fishing and came back in a body bag.

6. pinoaktwh

pinoaktwh Member

Alot of good points in that post.

7. GMPARTS 1

GMPARTS 1 Veteran Member

I like being able to hear all this good advice, this is better than reading dear Abby :)

8. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Pretty sure you got the idea depends on the situation. Only thing that gets screwed up is the kids anyway. the two adults called it quits for what ever reason but the kids suffer. The only person that makes out in a divorce is the lawyers.

My wife is from divorced partents and it screwed her up for years. I end up as her husband paying for her dad/step dad's mistakes, it's not fun. I don't need any help getting myself in trouble, I don't need any stray flak that I didn't do, but because her first experiences with guys were negative that crap always comes out somehow.