Stock Vortec wiring

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by 73 DEVILLE, Dec 11, 2007.

1. 73 DEVILLE

73 DEVILLE Member

Hi there.

I am looking for any information regarding the wiring of a vortec engine by using the stock wiring of a vortec motored vehicle. I wolud like to use it with the computer box in my 1973 Chev Deville. I know thre is painless wiring loom but its pricy. I thus need to hear from you guys if you have used the stock wiring and which wires to eliminate. I need a wiring diagram if possible so that I could make a loom from the stock loom.
    Thanking you in advance.

2. 74RAT

74RAT Veteran Member

if you eliminate any of the connections,, it will set the "check engine" light to on and will run in open loop mode. a chip company a buddy used (can find out the name if you're interested) can burn you a custom chip and build you a custom wiring harness that deletes the items you want from being on "the chip" and in the harness,, so therefore they won't be seen if the chip doesn't know to look for them. all in the custom chip burn. hope it helps. buddy of mine is converting an older 327 to use a larger than stock cam and T.B.I. and is going that route. putting it into a later model jeep. it is kind of pricey though.
    andy

3. 73 DEVILLE

73 DEVILLE Member

74 Rat
    Thanks for your help and reply.How can I contact your buddy? Can he bulid a wiring for me? Which part of the Vortec computer is regarded as a chip? Is it the whole PCM?

I thank you in advance.

4. 74RAT

74RAT Veteran Member

it's a company that he used. didn't build the harness himself. but,,,
    i can get the name and phone number/address of the company he used and reply to you. i think he said they have a web address also. inside the computer's case,, there's a single prom chip that is replaceable or changed. they burn a new one with the features on the chip that you desire to use on your configuration. if you don't want to use a specific wire lead,, basically it's deleting a chip function,, then they omit that channel from being used by the chip. the wiring harness he bought was from the same company. think it was less than 700$ total. give me a day or so to get with him and i'll post back up.
    andy