Stop Tech Sport pads...

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by kenny77, May 2, 2020.

1. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So I put The Stop Tech Sport pads on in place of the Hawk HPS that I had on there. And I like the shorter stopping power and the pedal feel way better than the Hawks. Even when cold, which the Hawks never did. Now I can tell you that it seems like more of a semi metallic pad, but as much as I drive the car, I'm OK with maybe more rotor wear and dusting in order to be stopping real quick.
    Keep an open mind here guys, the Hawk HPS maybe over-rated for what you're really after
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Yeah I have those pads and love them.

3. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

the Hawk pads need too much heat for a street car.

4. kenny77

I drank the Hawk HPS Kool-aid too fast.. Should've researched more for what I really wanted from my front brakes

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

When it comes to things like pads...Absolutely. Even these pads...Your Duralast Gold is likely just as good.

6. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

I don't know... I was running the duralast gold before the Stop techs, and I saw a noticeable improvement with the Stop Techs...

7. rburrow87

rburrow87 Veteran Member

Weird. Driving on the street, I thought the Hawk HPS felt really good hot or cold.

That said, I switched to some Centric Posi-Quiets because the right front would get noisy when hot. Don't think it's the Hawks because the Centrics do it too, but they're less obnoxious. Pretty sure it's something with the Bosch QuietCast rotors since it's just one side doing it and both pads made noise.

I do agree that they are overkill for a street car though. Just don't buy bottom of the barrel no-name brake parts (or any parts for that matter) and they'll be good.

8. kenny77

Might check or replace the calipers. My car is on its third set.....in 43 years ...of Wheel Cylinders and Calipers.
    Other than that some of that good silicone brake grease on the back of the pads should stop any squeal

9. hossz28

hossz28 Member

10. hossz28

hossz28 Member

What part number did you end up using? I see there are 3 different options under sport pad on their site.