Stranger Things 2 1979 Camaro Build. Need tips.

Zach1

Mar 28, 2018
Don't think anyone has ever done this before. So i saw the 79 Camaro months ago in Stranger Things 2, which actually sparked my interest again for 2nd gen camaros. Here are some pictures for reference.
tt2VoKw9hJKTOgjPKrtBxxZJuBU8YcAwabrPl-YdU7C9HjXjabVrlb2Mgo34yzEjaqmM2Xg9Nf5p5qy846HQbzgW_J3o6EFsSsssVgrTkE9DFJYR1GK_TAivnqvUh4wFsVj-6g2P
iSmBdgNSBNQx9TltVccaoR9CCiWM9Jz6CSKpmD8HQVDdUdXA-PNtxtwXg9M09RKaadCpJj7uHCFfHenz1M7luWGwVHeo3_6CZeuzeL-7QPhur1_CMucXGA2c0pceilJxepZeZDUm

I personally think that is probably one of the best 2nd gen camaros i've seen. It's a car built for the movie and isn't a true z28. Looks like it has a standard camaro hood on a z28 body. It has 5 spoke wheels and Bf goodrich Radial T/A tires. I could be wrong about it being a z28 body, so correct me if im wrong.

I will post pictures of my z28 once i purchase the car. Let me know your thoughts thanks!

Last edited:

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
What? I power slammed that show with my Kids one weekend just to get a look at that Camaro. They barely showed it real close up and the way I would have liked to seen. Was a little disappointed. But quality time with my youngins. They are the ones that told me that there was a Camaro kinda like mine in it. Then I saw some posts about it here so I wanted to check it out.

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
Looks like Zach tried to delete his post?

Hey, to each his own. Plenty of people went for the Jim Rockford look at one point.....

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
Welcome onboard! We love all kinds of projects here! One member was even planning on doing a 4x4 Camaro build but that seems to be on hold at the moment.

Coadster32

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
Milford,CT
Now I understand. (Nothing was written in post#1 by the OP, but now there is with pictures). Looks like a cool project.

Zach1

Mar 28, 2018
Thanks for the replies. I will post some frequent updates and show you the entire transformation of the car. The wheels and tires are going to be the the most expensive part. Repainting and a new hood will be fairly cheap.

The Chucker

Veteran Member
Apr 13, 2014
Iowa
I remember in one scene, they must have put new TA radials on the car and hadn't washed the blue protective coating off the white letters. My wife thought I was weird for noticing such a thing.

Good luck on your build and keep us posted!

Latest posts