Stranger Things 2 1979 Camaro Build. Need tips.

Lars_2Gen

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2017
Fullerton, CA
Cool idea. If you have it done in time, you could dress up as a character from the show for Halloween! Then drive around and see who notices.

Whatever inspires you to work on the car is great. Everyone has their own idea of cool... my wife doesn't like my paint choices for my 73, but that's ok, she doesn't have to drive it!

You're the one driving it, build it how you want it... if someone else doesn't like it, they can go drive off in their Hyundai.

Zach1

Mar 28, 2018
Cool idea. If you have it done in time, you could dress up as a character from the show for Halloween! Then drive around and see who notices.

Whatever inspires you to work on the car is great. Everyone has their own idea of cool... my wife doesn't like my paint choices for my 73, but that's ok, she doesn't have to drive it!

You're the one driving it, build it how you want it... if someone else doesn't like it, they can go drive off in their Hyundai.
True! I look similar to Dacre Montgomery. I have a jean jacket, jeans, the right hairstyle, a necklace, just need some shoes and an ear piercing and i will look straight 80's. I could grow a mullet if i want to haha!

Itsadryheat79

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 4, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
They almost cloned a 1979 z28 - did the hard part side gills in the quarter panels.
Missed: blacking out the window trim, blacking out the headlight bezels, No Z28 hood scoop, No Z28 badge on the front grill but looks like the rear 1year only badge on the fuel door is there. Missing the Z28 decals, missing the minor blacked out areas of the rear tail lenses. Might not be the ticker rope steering wheel. Rims, dual exhaust, front and rear spoiler are cool - I like what they did!!!

Zach1

Mar 28, 2018
They almost cloned a 1979 z28 - did the hard part side gills in the quarter panels.
Missed: blacking out the window trim, blacking out the headlight bezels, No Z28 hood scoop, No Z28 badge on the front grill but looks like the rear 1year only badge on the fuel door is there. Missing the Z28 decals, missing the minor blacked out areas of the rear tail lenses. Might not be the ticker rope steering wheel. Rims, dual exhaust, front and rear spoiler are cool - I like what they did!!!
Thanks for the pointers, i'll be replicating the car fairly accurately. I personally like the look of a z28 without the hood scoop.

Normblue79Z

Apr 17, 2008
Tampa Florida
I did this to my car a few months back. Just put my stock wheels back on. lol. I do think the car in the show is a Z28, just with the wrong hood.

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
Can't see your pic.....

It has the rope steering wheel as well. You can see it in one of the scenes when he is driving...so it may be a Z28 with a standard hood given it also has the gills and front fender flares. It is hard to tell but in the photo from the rear it looks like the blue Z28 emblem is on the rear gas tank cover although not on the front grill......no way to know for sure without the VIN though!

Zspoiler

Veteran Member
May 6, 2012
Federal Way, Washington
I have a friend of mine who cloned a Z-28 from a "bowtie" car ,He had my 1979 Z-28 RS ca reference, My attitude is its your car do what you want with it.As long as you don`t try to pass it off as one if you sell it ,Because you can tell it by the VIN. And this is much modified Z

Attachments

• 130044932860518017_26257430996_o (1).jpg
    130044932860518017_26257430996_o (1).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 154

Latest posts