Subframe body mount repair

bitchin'71SS

Veteran Member
Sep 10, 2009
Poughkeepsie, NY
Question- what is the diameter of the holes on the subframe where it bolts up to the firewall? And is that the same diameter as the rear mount holes under the floor?

Mine are rotted so I'm not sure how big to size the holes on my patch pieces. Closest holesaw I have is 1-5/8" so hopefully that's about right. Using 1/8 plate steel for the patches.. You can get them on ebay but I'd rather same the 30 bux

Cowman

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 16, 2010
Berkshire, England - UK
On my 70 all four mounting holes are the same size, I used a washer kit from NPD which came with four identical washers.

As for the hole diameter I can't really help you there as mine is all bolted up now. Have you got any decent holes you can measure - as I said above they should all be the same. Otherwise if you have your bushings handy, the hole needs to be big enough for the bushing to pass through.

stroked383

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 18, 2011
Saugerties, NY
I got a subframe repair kit off sleazebay for like $16. The "washers" are like 2.5" across and like 1/8" thick plate steel

skiprush

Veteran Member
Oct 8, 2010
washington DC
I just measured mine as its out for painting. all 4 holes on my 70 subframe measure 1 1/2 inches. I weleded in 1/8 inch steel and drilled 3 of the 4 out.

bitchin'71SS

Veteran Member
Sep 10, 2009
Poughkeepsie, NY
Alright so the hole is 1.5". thanks for the help guys.. Here's mine which right now are about 1.7"

IMG_2286.jpg

Latest posts