Subframe connectors

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Peck, Mar 20, 2018.

1. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think this subject has been discussed countless times, and IMO, doesn't need to be. Other cars, and 3rd gen Camaros, for example, don't have bushings at the subframe points.
    I don't liken the need for solid bushings to torque, but driving, and a desire to keep the B-pillar from cracking.
    I went from poly bushings to GW solid, and the difference was immediate. I had a large fire wall crack-gap that closed up immediately and doors were better. I added the CE bolt in connectors later and I noticed an improvement the moment I transitioned from my steep driveway to the street.
    Neither stage did I ever notice any additional body or street noise/vibration. And at those times, this car was my DD.

2. ZRODDER

ZRODDER Member

I used Alston Engineering. Fit perfectly. They are weld in.

3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

I put in South Side Machine weld-on subframe connectors over 20 years ago and put in poly bushings right before.

You don't need a lot of power to justify putting them on. Just going over driveways and stuff you can hear how the car stops creaking and squeaking.

Also, it doesn't ride any stiffer whatsoever. Put on a set of G-braces along with them. You won't be disappointed!

4. Peck

Peck Veteran Member

Thank you to everyone for the good replies. I think I am going to go with bolt in connectors for the simple fact I won’t have to cut my floor pan and then weld them in once it is all aligned.