Subframe Measurements Needed

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Kamikaze, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hello Guys and Gals! Hope you all had a great Christmas!

I am looking at the possibility of getting back into a project of rebuilding a 74 Camaro but it will depend on if the subframe is repairable. I am looking for a good set of subframe measurements to confirm if the control arm mounting points on this are are where they should be. It appears that there may have been a previous repair to one of the upper control arm mounts and I would like to have the reference information to see if it was done correctly or if I will have to cut and re-weld it back into place.

I have the GM subframe drawing but it only addresses the measurements of the subframe to the unibody. I need to find the one that helps confirm the "squareness" of the subframe itself and the dimensions of the upper and lower control arm mounting points.

Anyone have a drawing or specs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Couldn't you take triangular measurements to see if it's square?

3. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I know David Pozzi has these

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I thought the Pozzi's would but for some reason I didn't think about contacting them to ask...