Summer Nationals in St.Paul MN in July

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
Anyone going to the Summer Nationals in St.Paul in July?
We (my wife and I) have been there since the first one back in the 90's. With all the car jackings going on in the twin cities does anyone have any concerns? We hate to miss it but we might not go due to safety considerations.
What do you all think?
Please no "bring a gun" comments. I have plenty but I'm not willing to put my wife in harms way for any reason.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I will be there driving my dearly departed friends Nova in his honor this year. Just look for the only red '68 4DR. Nova at the show. We will be down the road from the Campfire Grill this year I was told. Stop on by.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
It's been a great car show over the years. Last year 6000 plus cars. I met the Car Craft staff and they have shot a few of my cars for features. A couple of my hot rods made the cover of Car Craft and Chevy High Performance.
As long as you are on the fair grounds you can cruise around with open headers.
You can run the auto cross, the stop box and chassis dyno.
We are just worried about the bad people around the area.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
It's been a great car show over the years. Last year 6000 plus cars. I met the Car Craft staff and they have shot a few of my cars for features. A couple of my hot rods made the cover of Car Craft and Chevy High Performance.
As long as you are on the fair grounds you can cruise around with open headers.
You can run the auto cross, the stop box and chassis dyno.
We are just worried about the bad people around the area.
The people around the area haven't been real bad. If you are going to cruise Snelling hang out around Har Mar mall is the spot to be later in the evening. I would not cruise Snelling and Uni where Porky's used to be. Man those were fun times when everyone got along together at the Drive through. Just got my Bird going last night for a good cleaning this week.

73Z L92

Veteran Member
Jan 25, 2011
Carlos, MN
Yeah never did the after hours cruise thing. My sister lives in south MPLS on Minnehaha creek. It's really a nice area. It's the drive from the fairgrounds to her house that makes me nervous.
As a side note we had our local car show today. About 250 plus cars. Weather was nice except for the wind.

Latest posts