Summit control arm bushings?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Scott51, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Anyone used these? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-776003

I
    know I know poly bushes aren’t the best for torsional applications, it’s quality of the steel parts I’m interested in. Looking at whipping up a set of delrin/acetal bushings and not worth making global west style ali shells and buying or making inner sleeves if I can get equivalent parts off the shelf for $60

Would essentially end up with bushings like this for way less $$ and minimal time invested https://www.summitracing.com/parts/art-11179590

2. cadillac_al

cadillac_al Veteran Member

What's wrong with Del Alum? I think they are the best and I'm pretty sure they don't cost $250.

3. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Yeah the global west del-a-lum are really nice but USD$258 + shipping and taxes to New Zealand works out to a lot more than $25 of delrin, $60 steel sleeves/shells and a couple of hours with the lathe.

I’m also planning on making the uppers offset to give me more caster

4. cadillac_al

cadillac_al Veteran Member

OK that is a lot. i bought some a few years ago but I don't remember them costing that much. I think I would hesitate at that price and look at other options.

5. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I know the the Del-A-Lum bushings there was some very specific specs that had to do with the compressibility of the aluminum in relation to the bore. I had Doug fab some for me for special occasions a couple of times and he needed to have the control arms sent to him to do it right.