Summit showing it's awesomeness

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Jan 29, 2016.

1. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Back in Nov '14, I put on a set of Hotchkis/Bilstein shocks up front. Ordered them from Summit.

The other day, I started noticing the right front wheel bouncing around.

-only noticeable on non-smooth road at freeway speeds

-when I make a quick lane change to the left (thereby loading the right front wheel a little), the problem gets pronounced. If I lane change to the right, severity diminishes.

-re-balanced the wheel to rule that out

I have yet to pull the shock out of the car, but it seems pretty clear. Other than finding loose mounting bolts for the shock, it's gotta be the shock.

Figured I'd open the dialogue with Summit sooner rather than later to figure out what I need to do.

Lady on the phone takes my info, then says they'll send out a replacement anyway with a call tag to pick up the old one. And if I find that it's not the shock itself, I simply call to cancel. I even told her we can wait until I verify for sure it's nothing else, and she basically said don't worry about it.

Freakin' A... is that customer service or what? :) Been dealing with Summit for ~20 years now, can't say I've ever had a complaint with them.

2. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

I love them

I can order by 10 am & have my parts the next day...free shipping

3. 70SSRS350

70SSRS350 Veteran Member

I used to buy from Summit from a while, yes, from Italy, from the other side of the world, I never had a big problem.
    Only few little issues with them, over maybe 10 years of service.
    And any time there was a little problem or a doubt, I just wrote an email and they contacted me... and solved.

4. Jason_S

Jason_S Member

When ever I need to order something online I always go there first, my only complaint is how easy it is for me to break the $100 dollar mark. And the free shipping is very quick compared to other places, even on larger boxes.

5. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

I recently bought a bug guard from Summit off ebay. I wasn't happy with the shipping, it took a long time to get it. I also wasn't happy with the way it had to be mounted, so I told summit that I wanted to return since I wasn't going to clip the bug guard to the hood of my brand new truck. They sent me a shipping label instead of me having to pay return shipping. Was very happy with that. So all in all, I have no problems with Summit.

6. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They have been good to me as well. Took a return without an eye blinking.

7. MartyO

MartyO Veteran Member

I order from them at least 4 times a week.

8. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Jegs isn't far behind. I had a set of wheels that were brand new that I bought from Jegs 10 years ago. I never used them. Never even put tires on them. Emailed Jegs a few weeks back with the details to see if they'd consider accepting these back as a trade for a different wheel, but same price.

They were willing to do it even though I didn't even have the original invoice AND they no longer had history showing I bought them. But the fact they were still in the original boxes with Jegs stamps/decals, they agreed to swap.

I sold them on Craigslist before I was able to send the wheels back to Jegs. I sold them for the same price the new wheels I wanted retailed for...so it worked out anyway. I was surprised Jegs even considered it.

9. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Ok, very strange...

I took off both front shocks and compared them. They feel identical in compression and extension.

I then swapped sides and went for a test drive. Now it seems like the left side is doing it. The problem following the shock is more evidence.

Nevertheless, I would have expected to feel a difference during the hand test... Or is that not really a valid test?