Sun Visor Resto

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by dcozzi, Nov 1, 2020.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I have a mini-tub so it is a +1 inch offset on a 12" wide wheel. The tire is definitely huge. I wish I addressed the front wheel well while the car was apart. I was trying to post to my project progress but put this in the wrong post. Long day yesterday and I'm getting old.:(

2. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Anyone know where you can buy black material to redo headliners? My wife is pretty good at sewing, I might let her give it a go.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  4. slayer021175666

slayer021175666 Veteran Member

This is what I did, too. The vinyl visor material was just dirty. I scrubbed them up and went to hobby lobby to get the correct thread color. I sat on the couch and watched a movie or two while I pulled the old worn out thread and stitched them back up with the new stuff. Time consuming but, well worth the effort.

5. 70454inutah

70454inutah Member

I was going to make a new post but since this is already here.. What holds the visor to the metal part that attaches to the roof? My passenger is tight but my driver fell off in my lap when I put it down. Plus the center pin roller is broke. (70). These have been redone.