supercharger intercooler location

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by LoweRider, Jun 26, 2018.

1. LoweRider

LoweRider Veteran Member

What would be the best way to mount this? I'm going to be running a Griffin LS swap rad/fan setup as well. I was thinking I could remove the hood latch assembly and sticking it there and using hood pins.

Also, any good spots for an external trans cooler?

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

What year is the car?

3. LoweRider

LoweRider Veteran Member

4. bigkat_83

bigkat_83 Member

My car is a 70 don't know if they are different or not.
    I have the griffin radiator and have managed to make both a vintage ac condenser and a intercooler work. I had to do some cutting on the core support where the ac hoses connect to the condenser.
    I also had to modify the hood latch release arm and lower mount. I also had to cut some from the lower valance supports. My intercooler radiator is 16"x22"x1" the same size as the condenser. I will move my battery to the trunk and mount my water tank and water pump there
    I made all of this and mounted it up and then removed the intercooler because I wanted to drive and break in my new crate engine before installing the supercharger.
    What kind of supercharger and intercooler are you using? I bought used kit from a 2013 camaro. I see some other kits use a smaller but thicker radiator and may end up going this way if I run into cooling problems.

5. LoweRider

LoweRider Veteran Member

Going to be using a Magnusson and the intercoolee it comes with. No AC for me

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Maybe mount it just below the radiator ? But would have to have pictures to be sure.