Survivalist thread

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by FlaJunkie, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Damn, this thread is depressing.

2. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good comments and links.

I like this one about Argentina's issues. Scroll down to "Do You Need a Community..."

Economic collapse is the most probable scenario, agreed.

I think any calamity that shuts down the trucking will result in huge loss of life.

Think about it, over 300,000,000 people rely on shipments of food and fuel every few days to survive. Imagine if those people could not get food.

The only people that will survive this (and hiding survivalists) would be communities that band together with supplies large enough to withstand the onslaught AND be able to regenerate these supplies.

Yellowstone is a threat and it will blow one day. It may blow in our lifetime and result in a very different survival scenario.

Economic collapse is a more viable threat.

Keep up the comments/suggestions/thoughts.

P.S. I DO have a good winter coat! ;)

3. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

To many "what-ifs" for me
    I am just gonna grab a beer and go mow the yard when the end comes... ;)

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lol, just about the way I think about it. :cool:

5. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I understand stocking up on some ammo to protect your family from other people to an extent, but living your life in fear of something catastrophic and barely survivable happening - is no way to live life.:screwup:

6. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

7. Ryan 79

Ryan 79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I quoted this point for a reason the vast majority of people take for granted in their lives, and in this topic, that is in NO WAY guaranteed.

The "experts" in Washington now want you to have TWO WEEKS worth of food and water in case of the giant earthquake they say is coming. TWO WEEKS.

Ok fine, I do.

However, a giant earthquake is also predicted to take our road system literally back to the 1800s, which means there will NOT be any roads. Neither myself, nor my wife, will be able to get home, or get the kid from school.

ALL disaster or prepper plans take for granted you can get home, and this may be the worst assumption of all.

So now, I have two weeks of food and supplies that will be sitting in my house that I will NOT, in ANY way, be able to get to. I will literally basically be supplying food for looters.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  8. Ryan 79

Ryan 79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

And many of these "prepper" plans, of which have been posted here for years, are laughable on their face.

I will make this VERY clear, if any of your "well laid" plans involve trading ammo with somone for any other product, your plans are HORRIBLE.

They will just shoot you with the ammo you just gave them and take back what they traded with you.

9. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

The reality as I see it is if the transportation systrm is in ruins and it goes more than a week or so without a clear path to recovery, if you have ANYTHING that anyone thinks is of value, you can not possibly be well armed enough to keep it. You may have stacks of bodies outside your home, but eventually they will get to you. The numbers are just against you and too many folks would be too desperate to just leave you be. Me, I'll be at the bar.

10. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm thinking dirtbikes through the countryside, if it's still poo when you get to the other coast - keep going till you drown.