Survivalist thread

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by FlaJunkie, Apr 18, 2016.

1. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

Wait, so if tshtf, you guys are heading my way?
    Bring food, drink, women, guns & ammo.
    Call 1st, I also still need some z parts.

2. OldCamaroNut

OldCamaroNut Veteran Member Gold Member

I think "The Walking Dead" is a great example of what survival requires of us. Forget the zombies.....it's the other people you need to worry about.

3. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Ever hear of walking?:screwup: I thought you were supposed to be the self appointed resident genius here? lol

4. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

By the time I walk the 17 miles home - it or my stockpile will be long gone.;)

5. Ryan 79

Ryan 79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I forgot I havent come up with as good of a plan as taking over the local grocery store, then interviewing strangers and giving them ammo to protect it:screwup:

I drive a truck, Im fairly close to home now, Im about 75 miles away. This is with GOOD roads or walkways to be on, and that is no given. On any given day, I can be up to 400 miles away.

Ive see Mt. ST Helens, and I live 10 miles from the Oso landslide.

If you can come up with a way to walk through either of those, let us know, you will truly be a genius. You had better figure out a way to swim through 50 degree water for an hour or more with no wetsuit either for many people to get home.

Feel free to show us how it will be done

6. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Walk around the affected area:screwup: , 75 miles wont kill you it will just take a little while. Back in the day I walked 8 miles to work and 8 miles home every day of the week for a whole summer. If its a matter of survival are you really going to crybaby about a little hard work/effort to survive??????

Swim through 50 degree water??? Did the disaster destroy every canoe/rowboat/ boat/??? lol

Sounds like youve already given up

7. Ryan 79

8 miles is a lot less than 80, or 300.

And your "knowledge" of our area is laughable.

You cant get a canoe, rowboat, tugboat, fishing boat down a lot of our rivers now, much less once a bunch of cliffs and mountains fall in it, and tens of thousands of trees fall in it.

And I dont know how big your ass is, but most peoples ass isnt big enough to pull a random boat out of it.

Given up, no. Asking questions, yes. There is NO preparing for an event like the Oso landslide, and that WILL be duplicated here multiple times in multiple places. If you dont know what it was, and Im sure you dont, a literal mountain fell down on about 60 houses.

And all the guns, and all the ideas of taking over a grocery store didnt save any of them.

8. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't expect a landslide being of any concern where I live - I'm a flatlander.

9. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

First of all if its a end of civilization type event and you are on your own you are f'd because there will be groups who will deny you an existence for nothing more than you are using valuable resources that they could otherwise be using (food water medicine weapons etc). Thinking you will be able to forage/hunt for game is also something that you will find to be impossible. Tens or hundreds of thousands of others also plan to forage for game and said game will not last but a couple weeks before game populations are totally decimated. Heading for the mountains to "Red Dawn It" will also prove pointless as again tens, or hundreds of thousands will also be doing the same thing. Ideally you want to be part of a group whose members are already proficient in specialized areas, medicine, farming, blacksmithing, hunting, etc. It would be best to find others like yourself that are like minded now and start sharing ideas, information, techniques, strategies etc. Also don't think that you need a bunch of gung-ho bad ass types in your group. Not many people have useful skills in situations like this, you cant teach medicine, farming, gardening, blacksmithing etc on short notice but you can teach basic marksmanship in short order.

10. Ryan 79

This is a much better plan than thinking at the first sign of disaster you'll immediately turn into Rambo, youll be able to take over what you want while pulling boats out of your ass, and nobody will shoot back at you.