Survivor $1500 1972 Z28 on craigslist UNREAL !!

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by Shupe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Shupe

Shupe Veteran Member

Screenshot_20191207-205634_Samsung Internet.jpg Thought i would share the deal of the century with everyone... did anyone see this before it was taken down?

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. Shupe

Shupe Veteran Member

And yes its headed to South Carolina..my buddy picked it up yesterday. Will post more details when it gets here in the appropriate forum IMG_1164.jpg

hubedobeedo likes this.
  3. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Wow. Definitely want to see more pictures and want to any back story. Great price.

4. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

5. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice score. Definitely share some pictures.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  6. Shupe

Shupe Veteran Member

I bought the car...James is a life long friend and he posted it on the Yenko site for me

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    hubedobeedo likes this.
  7. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Congrats to you then, agree with Ron more pics would be great. Looks like a pretty original car...

hubedobeedo likes this.
  8. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

i am jealous,sweet! hopes its original.

9. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Amazing find. Hope it’s not stolen. :eek:

10. Shupe

Shupe Veteran Member

OK...heres how it happened. I search daily for 1971/1972 Chevrolet trucks but also love my old Camaros. I came home last saturday about 4:30 pm and sat down for a minute and opened my tablet and Tuscon craigslist popped up since it was the last thing I searched earlier that morning. This car was right in front of me and my first thought was SCAM !!
    But after looking at the pics I sent an email (only means of contact for ad) that said " would love to have your car .....I will pay $2500 for it"..laid my tablet down and actually forgot about it knowing I didn't stand a chance due to a local buyer. Well about 8:00 pm my phone rings with a 502 area code and I thought no way but sure enough it was a very nice lady named Irene and she asked if I had emailed her about her late husbands "baby" ?? I told that yes I did and she asked me if I was serious about the $2500 offer ? I said yes maam and I told her I would go to Wal Mart right then and send the money and she could get the funds in about 30 minutes. She agreed and said that she would get her daughter to take the ad down since she wasnt very computer savy. I'm still in shock about the deal and having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that they still exist like this and that she or her daughter had no clue about the car. Her husband passed 13 years ago and was not driven for years before his passing.. He actually bought the car from a friend that bought it new, kept it 2 weeks and sold it to him. Moral of the story is while most were asking for more pics of this and that and offering her $800, I got her attention with my $2500 offer.. More pics to come

70-camaro likes this.