Survivor 1973 Camaro Type LT RS Z28

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by bka80s, Nov 9, 2019.

1. bka80s

bka80s New Member

The car is posted on Bring a Trailer with just a few days left on the auction. I’d really like this car to go to someone who can appreciate everything this car has to offer!

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Good luck with the auction!

3. bka80s

bka80s New Member

Thank you! Please feel free to add comments to the auction that would explain aspects of the car or verify components that you see that validate the originality.

Maybe generate additional conversations and get the interest up! I had concerns that the timing of the auction (so close to Christmas) might hinder the results. We will see.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Of course back then, people were not thinking about collector value 50 years down the road. Just look at todays cars...they mean nothing to most people today. 50 years from now that beat up 2010 Camaro will be valued because it had a special feature combination or something.

That's a clean car on top. Its just ugly by todays standards and its a true relic from the crazy styles of the 70s. I agree that car has more history than you think it does...I honestly think the entire car has been re-painted. The trunk underside sure is a different shade of orange by the pictures. The undercoating is a horrific mess...it looks like someone slapped lip stick on something very ugly. I wouldn't be surprised if there a ton of surface rust under there someone just covered up.

Im not sure what you could call it...Its not original despite being able to go back (the original hood has holes hood pins the TT has been removed), survivor kind of goes hand and hand with original but appears to be in good shape despite its age have OEM panels. This car is something someone would buy as a collector for a discussion topic. Anyone else would just do what they could to turn it back into a stock car, but it would take some work.

BTW, that's the most perfect rear spoiler alignment I have ever seen...that's interesting.

5. bka80s

bka80s New Member

interesting opinions.

If you had a chance to see the car in person you might have a different take.

The car’s paint is absolutely original minus the trunk lid and rear taillight panel. The cowl has obviously been painted, but I believe that was done for show, as this car has always been used as a show car.

To bolster my point, this is a picture of the inner door jam where the weatherstripping has rubbed and worn through the paint to bare metal. You can clearly see the paint, then the grey primer, then the red oxide then the bare metal.

As for the undercoating, this car was exported to Canada and I’d venture to say that when the dealer applied undercoating in British Columbia, they probably did so with a vengeance.

54D148A2-3C01-44BE-B194-4F50F8593AA2.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  6. badazz81z28

If I were you...I would pull the 572 and put the 350 back in. Sell the car and the 572 separate

7. bka80s

bka80s New Member

If it doesn’t sell tomorrow on BaT, I may very well do that.

The 572 is a $16,000 engine if you buy one new from Chevrolet today (or buy through Summit, etc).

8. badazz81z28

it’s a nice piece, I think you’ll make more money

9. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

01C61CB5-6AB5-4759-992F-B09D740292D6.png Congrats on the sale, someone got a bada$$ car, hopefully they will post some pics on what they do with it.

10. bka80s

bka80s New Member

Indeed they did! That was a steal!
    But, now I get to search for my next car, and that’s half the fun of this hobby.

BillyDean7173 and bodymanbill like this.