Suspension install

Discussion in 'The Great State of Texas!' started by TX78Z28, Oct 30, 2006.

1. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

I've got a '78 Z28 that needs new springs front and rear, shocks, and while I'm at it the subframe bushings. I'd like to buy all the stuff and install it myself... but with all my back surgeries and problems it's just not a good idea.

That said anyone know a good shop in the north Dallas area (McKinney, Plano, Frisco) that would either install my parts or install upgrades over the stock pieces. I'd like a little stiffer spring while staying at or slightly below stock height.

and or course...all without spending an arm and a leg. I can go to the stealer for that! :)

2. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm doing a '69 Firebird suspension right now using Hotchkis stuff.

I do this type of work but I'm probably a couple of months behind right now.
    I also setup rear diffs.

3. TX78Z28

TX78Z28 Veteran Member

where are you at?

4. flybye70ss

flybye70ss Veteran Member

i could come help ya, i have a hydraulic press for all the bushings, and i did the hotchkis spring and poly bushings on my 70 all by myself. i live in plano and richardson and i like beer.

5. jakeshoe

I'm about 20 minutes NW of Denton.

6. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

Hey Jake, I have a ladder bar coil over set up to put on the car. What would you charge to help me install it. My buddy is to busy with the new baby and bossy wife to help.

7. jakeshoe

Bill,
    I would have to look at it and see what all is involved, is it a complete rear frame assembly?

8. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

Not a frame assembly just a ladder bar install and coil over install. I believe that I have everything I need except the panhard bar. I wasn't going to buy this until it is time.

I don't want you to do it for me. I want to be involved in every aspect that I can. I still have to get this ok'd by the wife after I find out how much. Plus the fact of saying that I had something to do with the install, not just hire it out. I have done my whole car, can't stop now....