Suspension upgrade. What bushings

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by dutch73camaro, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

have always run solid on driver side only and rubber. All solid seems to shake your teeth out all rubber you can crack the shaker when it hooks up....so...solid on driver and rubber on passenger to take out SOME of the rattle and rubber on tranny

2. dutch73camaro

dutch73camaro Veteran Member

thanks guy's i decided to go with the tubular upper arms.

the engine mounts still doubt.

solid on driver with new stock on passenger side and rubber transmount is not to shakey ?

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

the rubber is difficult to COMPRESS....the solid is taking the brunt of the work. The rubbers are only to dampen the vibration. Never run a solid tranny mount unless you have motor plates (then i still wouldn't) i would rather bust up 5 tranny mounts than to have my tranny tail housing torn up!

4. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

As said, I use solid mounts with a mid plate, if the engine is balanced in both weight & volumes and well built/blueprinted it's amazing how smooth they can be.

And agree with Fbird 100% on NOT using a solid trans mount, I use a poly trans mount that's snugged very lightly with a 1/4 ratchet.