swap meet in Lincoln

Discussion in 'Nebraska Camaro Club' started by Mr_Z27, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Mr_Z27

Mr_Z27 Veteran Member

Anyone going this weekend..... march 11th?

2. Eliminator SS

Eliminator SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

sorry I didnt see your post but I just got home from it.

Probably the most resonably priced stuff at a swapmeet in years if you ask me.

3. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

kicking myself in the a$$ for missing it!!

4. Mr_Z27

Mr_Z27 Veteran Member

Eliminator SS,

Did you happen to see what the guy with the mid 70's black big block camaro was asking? I was down with a buddy of mine from Norfolk and he is a mopar fan. I just laughed at the guy who had the rusted and dented charger fenders asking $1000 for the pair. All I went home with was a pair of fabricated small block valve covers. I think whoever was in charge of parking the vehicles this year was tipping the bottle as there wasn't much ryme or reason to how they had the rows set up this year.

5. Eliminator SS

Eliminator SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

HAHA, the guy that ran the parking was a good friend of mine, lol. Actually the guy I bought my 71 RS/SS from. It was jacked up, but I didnt say anything to him. lol

And the Mopar shtuff is freakin rediculous! I guess if you have anything classic with the Chrysler name on it is worth more than its weight in gold. That blue challenger was WAY over priced in my opinion! $12,000 for a rusted out project? YEA RIGHT!

Anyway, the guy with the black camaro was kinda a dick, he had some smart assed remark for me when I was looking at his car, but not sure what it was now. But I remember he wanted $1000 for the body, and another like $4500 for the drive train. All I wanted off of it was the grill and grill emblem, since I hit a deer with my 79 Z last summer and havent found one of those emblems reasonably priced yet. lol

Either way it was a good swapmeet for me, I got there at 7:30 and spent all my money on the north end in an hour. Guy had a trailer full of stuff for our ford driver diesel pickups and bought his whole trailer load... I got a ZF 5speed, transfer case, drive shafts, shifters, front frame section with springs (lifted) steering box tie rods and arms and all mounting hardware for 4x4 conversion including the dana 60 front axle for $350. And my dad bought the dana 60 rear end (4:10 positraction) for $300. A STEAL! For any of it, the transmission alone is worth over twice the total price we spent.

Cant wait to get my truck converted to 4 wheel drive!

6. sidphoto

sidphoto New Member

I bet he gets $12,000 for that Challenger. A friend of mine sold a 70 Road Runner with the Air Grabber hood & pistol grip shifter. I don't recall what motor it came with. I do know it originally came with a Dana 60 rear axle. He bought it back in his high school days, 20+ years ago and drove it home and took the motor out and it sat indoors every since and he sold it for $20,000. But it was complete and pretty much rust free. It would of took another $20,000 to restore back to original specs probably. Mopar stuff is crazy. You got to be a rich man to own a nice one.