Swapping Thrush 17656 for Dynomax super turbos

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by 450bench, Oct 14, 2014.

1. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

The super turbos, summit turbos (same thing as dynomax super turbo), and ultra flos would be the ones I would look at.

I have ran all 3 of those and pleased with all 3. No drone at all for us. The summit turbos and super turbos are a real mild sounding muffler with a good tone to them at idle and does get louder at WOT but not unbearable at all.

2. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Summit turbos I have seen were a 2 tube cheapie muffler made by Imco, not the same as a Dynomax/Walker Super turbo, which aside from being from a different manufacturer, has packing in addition to the pass tubes. Although it is possible that different application mufflers are sourced from different manufacturers by Summit.

3. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

Hmmm Bondo, when was the last time you looked at a new summit turbo muffler?

I asked, cause it's been a few years since I ordered new ones. The 4 I have was bought maybe 6 years ago or so and they are dead ringers for the dynomax super turbos.

All 4 of mine 2.25" in/out. Two is center in/out, two is center/offset.

4. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

has anyone run the quietflow3 mufflers yet? I want quiet on my car so I can sneak around a little better and maybe even fall in to the "sleeper" category. I'm just wondering about the quality of them. I HATE the magnaflows on the car now. They look great(stainless) and as long as it's idling I can tolerate it. Hit the loud pedal though and I hate the way the car sounds.........like worn out old glasspacks!

5. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

Thread hijack alert! Thread hijack alert! ^^^^
    ;)

6. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

blah.blah,blah!!!! ;)

7. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

I've never heard of quiet flow mufflers. To quiet the car down, I'm going to turbo mufflers from the Flowmaster copies that I have.

8. My73LT

My73LT Veteran Member

You might try an x-pipe.. I've heard they tend to quite things down and kill the drone.

9. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

I did the x-pipe and then the H-pipe and it does quiet things down some but the maggies are horrible at WOT inside my car even with a full interior, dynomat etc. Exhaust dumps down right behind the rear tires so I DO have tailpipes. Thought about running them all the way back to the rear of the car but I don't care for that look as much....gotta find a compromise!

10. gpintauro

gpintauro Veteran Member

forget about changing mufflers....make the stereo louder!!!!