Sway bar hitting my 9" rear end help

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by alpinemetal, Mar 23, 2020.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I'm curious to see how the car handles with a BBC on the autocross with no rear sway bar.

2. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Me too!

3. alpinemetal

alpinemetal Member

LOL only slightly worse than my 2015 2SS that reacts to every pebble on the road. The 71 has Global West upper and lower control arms with Del-A-Lum bushings and urethane body bushings.

I've got a 2012 Impala and a 1500 Yukon anyway

4. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If you are going aut crossing, I guess , you will see if the rear sway not being there matters , I would think that at slower speeds it might not matter much??

5. alpinemetal

alpinemetal Member

Not sure about Auto Cross here in San Diego County but we have a lot of windy mountain roads to get my driving fix satisfied

[email protected] likes this.
  6. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

we have a nice clamp on style we designed for this reason, it's way better priced than DSE or Hotchkis
    http://www.customworksproducts.com/suspension.html
    [​IMG]

7. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

I'll have to look but I may have some drop links that have been lengthened by about 1-2".

8. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was afraid you were referencing those. Those are unsafe for hi-performance use.
    Load Carrier and Air-Shocks place the majority of a car’s weight on the upper shock perches, a simple 3/8 hole bored into the upper subframe. The shock perches were never designed to hold any weight, as asking them to take on 2000 LBS of car is a problem waiting to happen.

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Pretty much the same design concept as DSE and Hotchkis, but I will say both have re-enforcing braces for both sides of the frame rather than 1. DSE uses ball joint style end links rather than heim joints. I can’t say anything about your kit, but I can see it’s not the same. The consumer will have to weigh cost with benefit.

10. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

The PTFB adjustable rear bar should clear, we designed it to clear girdle covers, a 9" extends back about 1/2" more than a 10 bolt, girdle covers extend about 1"+, the PTFB bar also requires no fabrication or drilling, it mounts in place of a stock bar.

20180925_194722.jpg

[email protected] likes this.