Sweet 71 Big Block on Ebay

BondoSpecial

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 20, 2004
Connecticut
The ugly early rims must be an old guy thing, my neighbor wants to put them on everything. I barely convinced him out of doing so on the 79 I sold him because I wouldn't be able to bear seeing the car on those things.

Z27LS3

Veteran Member
Nov 12, 2007
Pensacola FL
I totally agree on the wheels make it look wrong, my "new" '72 base model car has those right now but going to correct that in the summer. The correct ss oem wheels would help alot, as I recall there were a few things in the engine compartment that looked incorrect, and those are always the $$$ parts.
I believe if it was RS car, no vinyl roof and better wheels it would have been long gone. its just going to take that 1 person that happens to like it just like it is, for $24k it should at least try to look correct, nice car but.....make it right. the problem when you get into the higher cost cars is buyers have higher expectations.

Oct 14, 2008
Bethesda, Maryland
Tend to agree with everyone's distaste for the rally wheel, beauty rim, and center caps combination for our Camaros. This set up with the 15 inch wheels does look especially nice on the early C3 Corvette Stingrays though.

By the way, what is the distraction with the vinyl roofs though? I think they look good and have their place and echo well the classic styling cues from that early seventies era. Besides quite a few of them were ordered up and sold that way.

Rich Schmidt

Veteran Member
Mar 27, 2010
Denville NJ
I might not be an expert on 71's,but I see what looks The seller claims the car was sold new in Oct of 71. The VIN puts it as an early production car,so that is probably right. The problem I see is that the trim tag is for a January car,and the engine date looks like either a November or January date.

Things that make ya go Hummmmmmm. :)

sickfast1964

Veteran Member
Aug 26, 2012
Corinth, Tx
BondoSpecial said:
The ugly early rims must be an old guy thing, my neighbor wants to put them on everything. I barely convinced him out of doing so on the 79 I sold him because I wouldn't be able to bear seeing the car on those things.

im an old guy, and that is the best looking wheel on a corvette or a 67-69 camaro, but they look awful on a 2nd gen

CamarosRus

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2000
Auburn,WA (between Sea & Tac)
Scott, Is the EBAY car supposed to my Classic Copper with Blk Vinyl Roof like mine ???

I need more 2nd Gen Rally Wheel Trim rings that are restorable ???

Lets hear it for the rare PO-2 wheelcovers (LOL!!!!!)

70 SS/L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2005
Rockford, MN
CamarosRus said:
Scott, Is the EBAY car supposed to my Classic Copper with Blk Vinyl Roof like mine ???

Yes, the trim tag shows it being that combination. I think the classic copper looks sharp with the black vinyl roof!

I was in NY last week for work, only about 1 hour away from this car. I'll be back there in one month again, maybe i'll take a look at it if I have time.

Rich Schmidt

Veteran Member
Mar 27, 2010
Denville NJ
The trim tag and body # dont match the VIN or owner's story of the build date. Seems bogus to me. Owner story and VIN say its an October car,the Trim tag says January. Hummmm???

twozs

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
Rich Schmidt said:
The trim tag and body # dont match the VIN or owner's story of the build date. Seems bogus to me. Owner story and VIN say its an October car,the Trim tag says January. Hummmm???
its an LA car and on the Z28 database there is a 71 01D Z28 from van nuys with a vin 508560 . this car is 505088 and 01 D so the date and vin look good for an LA car ......http://www.camaro2ndgenerationregistry.net/1971-registry.php . la ran about half the speed of norwood with only about 32 cars per hr .

Last edited:

Latest posts