t56 magnum fitment

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by rosco72z, Sep 4, 2020.

1. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I agree wit this... I bet that car run like a SOB from a roll on. If you're traction limited AND heavy, it is hard to get a decent time.
    I got lucky with my car running a high 11 with my 6 speed-- with the th400 a low 11/high 10 wasn't out of the question especially for a 3700lb car without driver!
    If I went to an LS the car would be about 3500lbs roughly and I would try to get it down to 3100 or so just to say it is similar to a vette LOL

2. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

I did not mean to be rude or blunt in my reply, sorry you took it that way, I guess it came off like that. I did google SLR, never googles that, been using my own way, and a handy chart for 30 years, but then again I've been using the same power/speed calculator for just as long....ah the pre internet days LOL.

And you are correct, the ET is more about the total combination of all parts and equipment working together. The MPH in the 1/4 mile based on the car's weight is a more true indication of the actual HP being made that day, again, many variables.

Pending on your car's weight, with 550 rwhp, that's like a potential 127mph in the mid 10's if it was a drag focused car. It's a sure bet that it's a rocket on the road course.

I have worked with many engine combo's & dyno testing for myself and customers, and once the dyno testing is done, I take all their info and give them my MPH and ET predictions....my MPH is always very close, but the ET is the big variable, some guys make great power on the dyno, but come up very short on the ET !!! can't put it down, have the wrong tires, or just lack the driving skills to get out what the is actually capable of. Then the questions and conversations start about "need more power", there surprised when I say "you have the power, it's all the other stuff".

Like you, my car is not a 1/4 mile focused car, but getting off the dyno and having that data, and the car's spec's & weight, I know my MPH that can be attained, the ET comes down to how much I want to sacrifice to get that ET and MPH to line up.

I too have run on my street tires, 3750#, 327 sbc, Richmond 5 spd, easy walk out of the hole, 2.300 60ft, 13 flat ET @ 118 MPH, left it in 3rd gear, my ET was brutal, but I was shifting easy, and had the wrong tires. I put down 480HP that day, no surprises.

To the OP, sorry for the derailment here, but lots of good discussions and opinions, lots to think about....both the TKO600 and T56 Magnum's are great choices, you will be happy with either of them for sure, good luck and keep us posted what you decide.

Cheers.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

About 90 degree temps during LS Fest in Vegas, my MPH was 123mph in the 1/4. ~4,666ft DA.

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

Would love to se that car in person. Looks like a monster. Holdener just put up another YouTube vid with 600hp combos of all LS sizes, NA and boosted.

5. biker

biker Veteran Member

Hey
    Hey G, I'm gonna show up at your place at some point and check out your car. A few things I would like to shamelessly copy. And check your driveline angles. My tailshaft is in the 4* range. Going to check my diff today. Bit of a vibe going on with the deeper gears/increased driveshaft speed.

6. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

10-4, I'll give you the 5cent tour biker. And not surprised with the added "vibe" your feeling, just part of dialing it in.