Tail pipes--2.5 vs 3 inch

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by 76z28, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Stak

Stak Veteran Member

So I have 3 inch exhaust from the headers (with x pipe) back to 3 inch borla mufflers but from the mufflers out in morphs into 2.5 inch out the back. I will post pics first chance i get if anyone wants to see it. My exhaust was welded piece by piece like a puzzle , we didnt do it at the muffler shop or have a drive on rack but we are very satisfied with it.

76z28 likes this.
  2. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I did the Pypes 3" SS with X pipe over the axle to the hockey sticks out the back.

3. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

I also have the Pypes 3" exhaust with X-pipe from my long tube headers. I selected their "Race" mufflers after some members here reported they were no louder than the Pypes street mufflers. The race mufflers are basically just a glass pack with an elbow in them. This is on an 419ci LS3 with a 233/248 cam putting out 625HP. There is an annoying resonance at 2000 RPM, but above that it is a very mellow sound; I can easily have a cell phone conversation.

4. Grump

Grump 68 Camaro 350 /M21 /10 bolt

...you can eat off that undercarriage...

giggity likes this.
  5. biker

biker Veteran Member

Whether or not I will eat off a particular surface is a pretty low bar to establish cleanliness.

chuck13, giggity and 76z28 like this.
  6. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

Thanks! Ive had a lot of down time between putting the car together, so I cleaned, wire brushed, sanded and painted undercarriage. Mostly wanted to see if there was any rust or corrosion that needed to be fixed. Also havent driven car outside of my neighborhood yet, im sure it will get dirty quick.

7. biker

biker Veteran Member

The build thread looks good. How do you like the new hoist? Does it give you much room underneath to work?