Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
the menu now days .. decent food !
21728125_1895337933814819_8791442419660402638_n.jpg

ol' grouch

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2013
Evansville, In.
I spent two weeks in the cardiac unit last year. Part of the time was nothing by mouth, part was liquid only (two days with nothing by mouth and broth is a feast) and for a bit they had me on a diabetic diet but later regular. I couldn't eat all they wanted me to on the diabetic diet. The only complaint I had about the food was the smell of the disinfectant they used. Outside of the cleaner, it was really good eating. They even had fountain soft drinks available 24 hours a day.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
When I had my two knee replacement surgeries I just ordered pizza and had it delivered to my hospital room . Also had friends get me Carls Jr or Burger king

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
Having had 4 major surgeries at the Mayo Clinic since '06 - I have plenty of experience with hospital food...

It's been a struggle each time just to eat anything at first after each of my surgeries. But it's decent food and got the job done. After my most recent surgery (May), it took me about a month before anything but breakfast got me excited.

twozs

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
Inoperable stage 4 liver cancer that spread to my heart . I'm on experimental keytruda infusions . About 6 other anti infection other pills . Sometimes an appetite , sometimes not . Just saying , in my 4 years after diagnosis I've been in a few different hospitals ( some ok some not ) . And finally I didn't have to wait for someone to bring me food . If your in cancer treatment , you better have a few pounds to shed . Usually in cancer treatment , you end up a long way from home so visitors are few and far between. Being in the middle of NYC I could have anything delivered to my room ..I was about 80 miles from my house and parking .. it gets expensive.https://www.mskcc.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3ODxhfmp1gIVSbXACh1VFA2jEAAYAiAAEgJS2fD_BwE

Last edited: