Tanks Inc. does not stand behind their products

carr911

Veteran Member
Mar 4, 2016
Tampa, FL
I "sort of" feel for some of these companies because it takes some of us(me) years to get our cars to a point where we can use the parts that we bought. By this time, a lot of time has passed and the company may feel like it isn't their problem any longer to warranty a product that they sold years ago. So far, I haven't had any issues like the OP or others have had with companies not standing behind their items. I guess I have been fortunate in that regard. Like others have stated, good customer service doesn't get enough publicity. I'm hoping the OP can get some help with replacement of his fuel pump.

Just yesterday I had a customer email me saying that his Swaybars were missing Bushings. He ordered them NINE Years ago and had never opened the Box. I sent him Bushings!

72BIGBLOCK

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2008
SF
Hey give me a call my name is Kory i work at Tanks Inc. how long have you had the pump and who did you purchase is through? 877-596-3842 my extensions is 160

tanks inc declined my warranty because it was two months after the year, they did however m offer me a discount on shipping for a new tank lol! Thanks thanks inc

Even after I had bought two tanks from them. Never again !

John Wright

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
Rustburg, Va
I'm curious what you guys would do if the shoe was on the other foot? It's easy to say "oh yeah I'd make it good years after the purchase"....but would you really?

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
There are situations where maybe the warranty expired...1 day...1 year or 10 years ago. Depending on the situation...someone could honor a warranty.

carr911

Veteran Member
Mar 4, 2016
Tampa, FL
How far past a warranty is (any) company supposed to honor the warranty?

I think it depends on the situation! Most of it depends on the attitude of the person asking for warranty. Like I said I sent a guy some Bushings after nine Years - it was easy, and cheap and he was a gentleman through the whole process. On the other end, I had a Customer that bought some lowering springs and in his case, probably needed some Camber adjusting bolts - he called & was acting irate, saying that I should do the "Right Thing" and send him the $80 Bolts for Free ( the Springs were $175). He didn't get anything from me. Another guy told me yesterday that we owed him Overnight Shipping because he needed to get his car ready for the weekend - how about you order a part earlier so you have it?

then you have a customer like this ( it wasn't even my sale, he bought through a Dealer, but I was trying to help the guy) I cleaned up the profanity!
"I have a brand new car built with 950 hp. Strut tower brace is very important so i dont twist my body and it helps the car stay straight. I have been racing my whole life. This part is very important. Now i realize you actually dont know $hit. I still havent gotten any confirmation on my part. You suck. [email protected]#k off. I will find someone else that would like my money! Funny thing is. I have a bunch of added parts on my list to purchase in the next couple months. I will let your boss know how bad you [email protected]#ked this up. MORON!"

He is now on ours and the Dealers permanent Do Not Sell list!