Tesla pickup roflmmfao

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Nov 22, 2019.

1. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That thing is fugly in my opinion!

3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Bet the guy that said the glass could take the hit , got his ass fired!! HAA HA

4. EVILFACE

EVILFACE Veteran Member

I guess this is the starting point for all those ugly vehicles you see in future set movies.

lol at the glass.

nice performance though....

5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I don't see the point. It'll just be a car with a box on the back and never off road. I see those around town all the time, but better looking. The glass bothers me though. It's SUPPOSED to shatter into small granules. The old glass from the 50's did like that and did some damage in a crash.

6. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

So he basically "reinvented" an electric offroad El Camino? That's one ugly sumbitch. I wouldn't drive to a fishing hole.

7. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

It's not surprising that Musk intended to demonstrate the "shatterproof" glass on the debut of his electric pickup and it failed. After the epic fail, Musk's response was (while laughing) "we'll fix it in post"...

Elon, your big opportunity to wow the world was last night. If you're going to do a simple demonstration like this - maybe try it behind closed doors first.

[​IMG]

The front window shattered on the first attempt. Thinking that Tesla's head of design, Fritz von Holhausen threw the steel ball too hard (what difference does that make if it's "shatterproof"), Fritz threw it with less force at the back window.

It shattered again...

What is even funnier - Musk says it will sell for $39,900. Based on the Model 3 experience (2016 announced starting price of $35,000 - has yet to build one for that price) - when, where and if he sells the first one it will most likely cost over $70,000.

8. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

It looks like something a 5 year old build .Their isnt much load capacity and styling to it. Of when they could do a whole lot more.

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Musk brags about a 14,000 pound towing capacity. However, that is only the (current price guesstimate) $69,900 version. The $39,900 version will have a 7,500 pound towing capacity.

The truck supposedly has a 3500 pound payload capacity - but it wasn't specified which price variant had that capability.

Right now it's still a myth. Wasn't it a few years ago that Musk started taking deposits on the Tesla semi??? How many has he sold to date? Will he ever sell one?

10. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ooh Champ, your tummy is filled up on two bowls of schadenfreude this morning!:)

Yeah, that was a disaster. The styling is... I don’t know. I get he’s trying to be distinct, but this looks low effort. If this is the direction the cars are going, I’ll be looking elsewhere.

3500lb is the bed payload stayed for all models. Which just suggests the chassis is the same across the different levels.