TH350 Rebuild Online: Free DIY Post

tlcronk

Jun 27, 2016
Coleman,Michigan
Have any of you who built a turbo 350 trans, used the Raybestos BLUE clutch plates w/Kolene steels?

These are supposed to be the premium for racing.

Does Jake sell a kit with the BLUE clutches? Or are the red eagles w-kolene steels sufficient for street/strip?

Last edited:

kdsracing

Mar 13, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
Jake
Great article! :)
I have always liked the TH350. I have had a number of vehicles that came equipped with this transmission, and they have always worked well for me. Sure, it is only a 3 speed, and in these days of high fuel prices a 4 speed automatic is more "cost effective", but I enjoy the TH 350's simplicity!!!
Yes, it IS hard on bushings, but that is easily taken care of.

I had been considering a 200 4R for my "current" project, but have started (someone save me) to consider a TH350C with a gear vendors unit :eek:

By the way, I would be right at home behind your work bench :) Dang, mine looks like that, even down to the requisite 2 or 3 cans of brake cleaner. Maybe we could start a "work area" and "build your own tranny tool" threads.
I have built a number of my own tools in order to circumvent the high priced "speciality" tools. One would think that some of these tools were made of Platinum :mad:

Well, have a great weekend!

Patrick
I had a nice TH350 in my car and was considering a Gear Vendor but decided to go with the 200R4. Uses same driveshaft lighter than 350+Gear Vendor. Love my 200R4 from Bowtie Overdrives.

tlcronk

Jun 27, 2016
Coleman,Michigan
So Jake, your saying use the RED EAGLE clutches and Kolene steels are good enough for high performance?

And make sure the fluid level is good. Using a deeper pan with a couple of extra quarts is good to?

jakeshoe

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 8, 2000
Republic of Texas
So Jake, your saying use the RED EAGLE clutches and Kolene steels are good enough for high performance?

And make sure the fluid level is good. Using a deeper pan with a couple of extra quarts is good to?
Red Eagle and Kolene aren't as good as the stock clutches. Just use OEM type clutches and steels.

tlcronk

Jun 27, 2016
Coleman,Michigan
I just answer back that the Blue clutches are about 3X the price of the Red Eagles.

I say that answers my question. I always used the Red Eagles even with stock steels.

Thanks

Latest posts