TH350 Rebuild Online: Free DIY Post

Cardinal

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 22, 2003
Endicott, NY
Jim: Was it in this post or another post?

Is this what you were referring to:

You can omit the center seal, plug this passage, enlarge the 2nd and 3rd feed holes in the stock seperator plate and you will have greatly increased the torque capacity of a stock TH350 as well as gained a firmer shift.
Even firmer shifts can be accomplished with checkball removal and modifications to the accumulators. I recommend NOT modifying the 1-2 accumulator. Retain the cushion spring and do not block the circuit. The 2-3 accumulator can be blocked by several methods.
Removing the 2-3 accumulator spring and using a spacer (nut, washers, cut down section of tubing) between the piston and the e-clip is the "shadetree' method. You can also block the feed in the valve body to the 2-3 accumulator.

Last edited:

Ibaplayer

Sep 8, 2008
Ponder, Tx
Forward Drum

Is it possible for the forward drum to unseat from the ring gear while pulling the old pump out? I feel like I am using the correct pump. Is there any way to be certain? Also when I tried installing the original pump I got the same result...Just to be clear, I should be able to rotate the input and output shafts in both directions when the transmission on the bench??? Thanks for your help.

Brian

jakeshoe

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 8, 2000
Republic of Texas
It's possible to pull the fwd drum up and off the ring gear.

Measure the pumps from the end of the stator to the bearing/thrust area.

Both shafts turn both directions but not as easily in one direction.

Cardinal

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 22, 2003
Endicott, NY
I had a call from a good friend last night about rebuilding a TH350 transmission. He also needed a copy of the instructions from the B&M TH350 transmission kit #30229. Just for giggles and grins, I went to the B&M web site, searched on 30229 and found that they have PDF files that you can print out! The pictures in the printout of these directions are substandard to say the least but it is better than nothing: http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Bu...et-GMC-Olds-Pontiac-68-81-TH-350-375B-and-M38

Aug 20, 2011
groveland,ma.
Hi Jake, I just pulled a turbo 350 out of a 70 nova SS, and on the outside of the trans case is a large K. do you have any idea what kind of trans case this is? the trans worked fine I just changed it over to a muncie 4 speed. I'm new to this site, I don't know how to post picture's here. thanks Arnie...

Last edited: