Thanks for NO politics here

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevyforever, Nov 20, 2021.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Ya it's nice there is nothing like that here. Let all the crazies fight it out someplace else, car sites are for car stuff.

Zstar and biker like this.
  2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

lol...my wife (as many others) lives by facebook.... tells my boys THIS is dads facebook!!!....like wth ..NO not quite. Occasionally we get some personal experience stories here but mostly topic-oriented stuff. Being a mechanic is MOSTLY experience! I believe a newb with some mechanical skill could use NASTY to accomplish most ANYTHING on their own. So many guys n gals here willing to coach and chime in on difficulties....from injector pulse width to fixing the toilet!!! You know kinda what the world use to be before politics became a toxic dump. Glad to be here, glad the politics are far and few between.

1972_Z-28 and Zstar like this.
  3. Green70Z28

Green70Z28 New Member

I have my political views like everyone else, but I don't live and breathe politics 24/7. There are fewer and fewer outlets to get away from politics and everyday life's hassles. Sports used to be one of those outlets for me but professional sports has become infused with politics. I always hated politicians showing up at sporting events and teams going to the White House because sports was supposed to be an escape. It didn't matter your race, religion, political views when you were rooting for the same team. I'm done with professional sports. I'm glad there are forums like Nasty where I can go and the sole focus is Camaro related stuff. Here we are Camaro people.

4. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

^^^^ Well said.

5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Boy that current events forum sure did get heated. Some of the things people would say in there would make my jaw drop. People would also try to expand that into other forums as well, to really get their point across.
    I am probably one of the least politically charged people there is, sure i have my opinions, but i just cant get wrapped up into stuff like other people can i guess. I think politics are ok, for others, but there is a point where you just cant let it start to run your life.

f-body freak and Zstar like this.
  6. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

7A0429AA-3E69-4E9A-B386-9D8B01CE2018.jpeg

7. flint9

flint9 Veteran Member

thank you for the no politics policy. amen

MChamp likes this.
  8. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

This is very political, she is serving both parties! (wink,wink)

70-camaro likes this.
  9. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Brett, about the same time we had SP here there was a forum over at TalkBass called Tin Pan Alley that was largely political...... I'm not sure if you ever saw it or not.

Needless to say it was a complete fustercluck....... much like SP here, the negativity spilled out into the general forums.

There's a million places on teh interwebz to discuss politics, religion and other hot button topics. Nasty Z thankfully isn't one of them.

wiseryder and Zstar like this.
  10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

There was a time here where the mods were maligned for removing political posts, and routinely accused of denying free speech. That was fun.

Zstar likes this.