Thanks for NO politics here

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
lol...my wife (as many others) lives by facebook.... tells my boys THIS is dads facebook!!!....like wth ..NO not quite. Occasionally we get some personal experience stories here but mostly topic-oriented stuff. Being a mechanic is MOSTLY experience! I believe a newb with some mechanical skill could use NASTY to accomplish most ANYTHING on their own. So many guys n gals here willing to coach and chime in on difficulties....from injector pulse width to fixing the toilet!!! You know kinda what the world use to be before politics became a toxic dump. Glad to be here, glad the politics are far and few between.

Green70Z28

Sep 30, 2021
Cookeville,TN
I have my political views like everyone else, but I don't live and breathe politics 24/7. There are fewer and fewer outlets to get away from politics and everyday life's hassles. Sports used to be one of those outlets for me but professional sports has become infused with politics. I always hated politicians showing up at sporting events and teams going to the White House because sports was supposed to be an escape. It didn't matter your race, religion, political views when you were rooting for the same team. I'm done with professional sports. I'm glad there are forums like Nasty where I can go and the sole focus is Camaro related stuff. Here we are Camaro people.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
team chevelle had a current events forum for politics and such, they finally shut it down, probably a good idea too, im here and there for car stuff, the bs section is good for swap meet talk, talk about other hobbies (honda ATC's!) kids etc. jim

Boy that current events forum sure did get heated. Some of the things people would say in there would make my jaw drop. People would also try to expand that into other forums as well, to really get their point across.
I am probably one of the least politically charged people there is, sure i have my opinions, but i just cant get wrapped up into stuff like other people can i guess. I think politics are ok, for others, but there is a point where you just cant let it start to run your life.

70-camaro

Veteran Member
Mar 25, 2010
marietta ohio
7A0429AA-3E69-4E9A-B386-9D8B01CE2018.jpeg

Mike N

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
Spencerport, NY.
Yeah - I fought to keep the politics "special projects" forum in place for a long time, and we were wise to let it go. For a time we had some really interesting discussions, but things just turned too ugly.

Brett, about the same time we had SP here there was a forum over at TalkBass called Tin Pan Alley that was largely political...... I'm not sure if you ever saw it or not.

Needless to say it was a complete fustercluck....... much like SP here, the negativity spilled out into the general forums.

There's a million places on teh interwebz to discuss politics, religion and other hot button topics. Nasty Z thankfully isn't one of them.

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
There was a time here where the mods were maligned for removing political posts, and routinely accused of denying free speech. That was fun.

Latest posts