The 1991 Halloween Blizzard

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
It was 30 years ago tonight that we got 8.2 inches of snow in 1991 Halloween night I remember it well and at the end of the storm we totaled 28.6" of snow. It mostly melted in 2 weeks and then by Then by Thanksgiving we got another 16". That Nov. we set rec. lows and I hope we never see another Halloween like that again.

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
My snowblower was way too small for that blizzard. :(

It took me half a day to clear my driveway.

It’s a snow storm no Minnesotan will ever forget.

The Champ

Veteran Member
Sep 14, 2000
MN
We had to cancel our Jaycee Haunted House in Menomonie, WI that year on Halloween night. Traditionally, that was the big money day for our fund raiser.

Luckily we had a very good weekend the 25th, 26th and 27th that year.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
We had a decent one in 2011. I think it was Halloween weekend, like it was actually the 29th maybe. Really rare for that time of year, and i think we got somewhere around 10". me and one of my ski buddies went out to earn some turns on skis, which turned out to be so much work, but kinda worth it. Probably wont ever ski in October again.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
We had a decent one in 2011. I think it was Halloween weekend, like it was actually the 29th maybe. Really rare for that time of year, and i think we got somewhere around 10". me and one of my ski buddies went out to earn some turns on skis, which turned out to be so much work, but kinda worth it. Probably wont ever ski in October again.

Last year we got 8.2"of snow in the 3rd week of Oct. 2020 and I thought he we go again but that was all we got, thank God.

ssupercoolss

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
PA
Last year we got 8.2"of snow in the 3rd week of Oct. 2020 and I thought he we go again but that was all we got, thank God.
If i remember correctly, the October snow storm made up like 1/2 of our snow total for the season. As skiers, we were stoked to get snow in October, thinking ski season was going to be baller, when in fact, it was pretty lack luster, at least in PA.

Latest posts