The Hurt Locker - Iraq movie on EOD SPOILER ALERT!

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
I can't recommend this movie ENOUGH.
hsflag.gif

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...s-for-the-hurt-locker-tell-us-what-you-think/

Go Rent The Hurt Locker , a film ABOUT Iraq and IED disposal.
Iv'e never been to Iraq and I know most of us haven't so it's REALLY HARD to
imagine what it's like over there, but I think this movie shows you how bad it is.
It got a HELL of alot of great reviews from various reputable places. Many award nods.

GREAT movie BTW and I have a WHOLE NEW level of respect for Military EOD.
I couldn't do this for a living.....no way , no how. :confused:
The guy from the movie S.W.A.T. that flipped to the other side is in it, great role too.

After seeing this, I want to shake the hand of every person who ever does, or did EOD......
It's mind boggling to imagine the NERVE and sanity it takes to do this job.....

B00275EGWY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last edited:

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
In the Netflix queue. Thanks for the tip. Lots of good flicks get by me these days, I'm slipping.

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
Todd80Z28 said:
In the Netflix queue. Thanks for the tip. Lots of good flicks get by me these days, I'm slipping.

Same here, but I found a great reliable link to use in conjunction with my Blockbuster Online membership.
Because Blockbuster doesn't always show you everything available, and neither does Netflix.

http://www.movieweb.com/releases/week/dvds < I have it quicktabbed and check it weekly to add to my queue.

A new Universal Soldier came out too......I never even heard about it til I clicked the link this week. :confused:

Last edited:

rkdemuro

Veteran Member
Oct 31, 2001
clifton, New Jersey USA
Ace why did that guy die in the beggining? he was suited up and many meters away, I thought the suits were so you could survive a blast. I know he was walking away from it maybe that was the reason?

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
Rat Race said:
Ace why did that guy die in the beggining? he was suited up and many meters away, I thought the suits were so you could survive a blast. I know he was walking away from it maybe that was the reason?

i think he died from the blast pressure as he was just outside the kill zone

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
Rat Race said:

I think Chuck hit the nail on the head.
I was questioning that for a good 15 minutes afterwards until it dawned on me the blast
pressure probably snapped his neck ?? We can only speculate obviously.....

muscl car said:
looks like it was filmed at NTC fort irwin

Nope. I thought it was Iraq, but I was wrong too.
Filming began in July 2007 in Jordan and Kuwait. Producer Greg Shapiro spoke about
security concerns of filming in Jordan, "It was interesting telling people we were going to
make the movie in Jordan because the first question everybody asked was about the security
situation here." Often four or more camera crews filmed simultaneously, which resulted in nearly
200 hours of footage. Although the filmmakers scouted for locations in Morocco, director Kathryn
Bigelow sought greater authenticity and decided to film in Jordan because of its proximity to Iraq.

Some of the locations were less than three miles from the Iraqi border.

Obviously that close of proximity I'm sure the surrounding areas were damn near identical in Iraq.

Last edited:

MikeM79

Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 5, 1999
East Quogue, NY
I rented it for a buck from one those Redbox vending machines at the supermarket. Best buck I have spent in quite some time.